Ratings for Dr. Edward W. Sanford

answer (2) questions only! my next question was denied with a reason that there are many patient waiting! He was late on my appointment by 20 minutes already! What kind of doctor is this? My first time seeing him and that was my last time....waste of my time!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dr. Sanford does not seem to want to take the time to diagnose health problems and will not give a Specialist Referral when he does not know what is wrong with me. When I see him, he says he will only answer 3 questions. He seems to push my health concerns aside and recently I had to go to urgent care to get treatment after seeing him as he did not treat me. I am looking for a new doctor. This is information on behalf of a elderly relative who has medical visits with this doctor. He needs to treat all his patients alike and if he does not know what is wrong with a patient, he needs to refer them to a Specialist that can help the patient.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Dr Sanford is slightly above average as a primary care Dr. He will only work with you after you have been his patient for some time. His nurse is not friendly or kind. He was actually charting my office visit notes in another patient's file until I pointed out that he had the wrong file for me.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

Dr. Sanford is a nice doctor. I did not like his primary nurse. I felt our communication left something to be desired, and that affected the quality of care I received. As a primary care physician, I would say he is a bit above average. I think that he often compared my health to his own, and tried to offer treatment that he would want for himself in the same situation. He was always willing to give referrals to specialists when needed. Did I mention I didn't like his primary nurse?

flag | Submitted May 29, 2006

Dr. Edward W. Sanford's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1992)