Ratings for Dr. David W. Shie

The Staff is the problem. Dr David Shie is friendly and knowledgable, he puts you to ease during exams and will stay and talk to you as long as you need him to. I have had several procedures with Dr Shie and I would continue with him. HOWEVER, the front office staff (specifically TRACY) is awful. Berates clients for calling the main line to get lab report. She tells clients that she will not ask the doctor or nurse anything and 'that's not her job. I enjoy the practice, but the staff makes it awful and not worth it.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Listened to all questions and then gave detailed answers.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Went into great detail regarding issues I was having and how to treat with different options.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Very uncomfortable talking with him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

Pregnant with 1st child and became high risk. At approx. 25 weeks I compalined of vaginal burning and itching, Dr D. Shie didn't check me just said normal in pregnancies and was yeast. Treated with vag. creams. At 31 weeks I called him and told him I was having major pain in back and contractions along with same "yeast infection". He WOULDN'T let me come into office to be checked, said was yeast and come in next week for appt. Pain got more severe as day went on. Called Dr, not working the weekend so said call another Dr that was taking his place. Went to ER and was checked and told I was DIALATED to 5! Ran tesest and was told I had an "alarmingly high UTI". That explained the pain,burning and itching he passed off as a yeast. Child born premature at 31 weeks and has severe cerebral palsy,retardation, scoliosis, seizures and more.Told by another Dr it was due to UTI.Tried to sue Shie and wouldn't ya know it - medical records are ALL MISSING! Even Kett.Hosp records! Ruined our lives!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2006

In practice with his brother John. Liked practice first 2 yrs. First preg with that practice was average experience with mostly good staff. 2nd preg this was this year...new staffers - not liking them - currently looking for new OB practice. Dr's seem distracted somewhat uninterested (I had PPD and asked for help - took several visits to get even attention to the prob). Besides that, newer nurses have been rude/too quick and on several occasions unhelpful. Ie - Q's regarding RX, was told she didn't know and no offer to find out anything.?? Don't think I would be recommending them anymore. Sad.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2006

Dr. David W. Shie's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 1975)