Ratings for Dr. Michael Mcgovern

I am a Registered Dental Hygienist and my supervising dentist at work recommended this practice (specifically Dr. Breault) after I shared post operative photographs of what I believed to be an inadequate frenulectomy performed by my daughter's general dentist in Delaware. I made an appointment for my daughter and explained that I would be paying privately since her insurance would not cover the procedure. I asked for an estimate of the cost to finish or redo the frenulectomy. I was told over the telephone the rate for a frenulectomy at their office was less than $300.00 (more specifically $260.00). Dr. McGovern performed the procedure and it only took a few minutes. I was absolutely dumbfounded when we checked out and I paid the bill. I was charged $675.00 and paid the bill under protest since I was given an estimate for more than half of this charge. The receptionist argued with me and stated that she would never have given me the $260.00 estimate. I am very disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015