Ratings for Dr. John Wages

Just went to this group. They could not care less about chronic pain sufferers. I explained that I had to have 6 back surgeries in the last 1.5 years and been in extremely bad pain. That even with the spinal cord simulator I was still in massive amounts of pain. "Dr." Wages then tells me he does not care how much pain I am in he was going to lower the meds that I was getting before my last pain doctor closed his practice. The doctor seemed to like the fact that he was going to torture me (He had a smile on his face while telling me this) and knew that I really had no other choice within a couple hours drive of my home. I was reluctant, even in the face of having to drive hours on a bad back, to accept his "Services" , but in the end I had to and he knew that. I will be filing a complaint with the medical board on this "doctor" I have never in my life had a doctor so uncaring and sadistic in my 53 years on this planet. He was SO bad in fact that in every spare min I have, I will do my level best to make sure he loses is license to practice medicine. Just so you readers know, I am an engineer and work with my brain. In fact I hate to take medicine and would do anything to not be forced to take all the chemicals I am forced to use to function so that I can house and feed my family. I will keep updates in here, as I am writing a story from a few of my friends in the associated press. This man has NO BUSINESS dealing with innocent people with chronic pain. The only good thing I can say about his office is ONE of his assistants. All the others were exactly like Mr. Wages. From this point I refuse to call him a doctor!!! If your into being tortured ... this is your place!! If not RUN FAR >>> RUN FAST!!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I feel I was treated so disrespectfully. I feel he has little compassion. I was honest about my life and he used it against me. When I gave him a low rating he called my dr. in Dallas and put a bad mark on my record.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr. Wages treated me kindly and gave me the various options to treat me particular pain. I'm doing better now and have had an overall good experience.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Met with Dr Wages, was informative however stated he did not have medical records yet but hoped they would be available by days end so he would know what the referring physician wanted. I told him what I was told and heard, he said sounded right but would follow up after review. My symptoms worsened, I was unable to sleep for 4 days. I used pain meds he prescribed to no avail. After about 1 1/2 wks, I called his office and asked what was going on as my pain was terrible. The staff checked and indicated he was a going in vacation so I would have to wait for 2 weeks. I asked for another physician and wasn't provided one. They did squeeze me in with Dr Wages the first day back from vacation. I went to his office for blood testing. As I waited in the room his PA came in. She asked how the first injection went. I told her I hadn't had any injections yet. She said she wasn't 't sure why she was seeing me then and I told her I wasn't scheduled to see her, just blood tests. She conducted a brief exam and I waited for labs. After the labs I was provided with follow-up papers. Papers were confusing as they said return after first injection , but there was also a date on the paperwork for two weeks after 2nd injection. I brought this to the attention of the medical staff and they said just come back after your 2nd injection, which was probably not within medical protocol. I received my first injection, which was about an hour and 20 minutes later than when I was scheduled. I did not see Dr. Wages before the procedure except for a brief Hi in the surgical suite. After the procedure, I did not see Dr Wages and was discharged. I did not receive a call from the Surgical Center or Dr Wages office to see how I was doing. I waited 6 days, no calls so called his office to cancel the 2nd procedure. I did receive fairly good results from the 1st procedure, but was just very unhappy with patient care. When I called his office I told the scheduler in Cedar Park, that I was cancelling. She asked why and I said the 1st injection went fairly well and if they would ask Dr Wages to call me. I was told the doctors do not call their patients, but I could speak to someone else. I asked that the doctor call and I was told again the doctors do not call patients. I believe I could benefit from the 2nd procedure, but not with Austin Pain Associates.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Wages is the BEST pain doctor I have ever been too and believe me I have been to A LOT of different pain care physicians as I have a congenital defect and have been seeing doctors a long time before going to him I was in the hospital up to 8 times a year with acute pancreatitis with his help I have not been in the hospital in over 4 years now. He is one of the few pain management doctors I have been to that actually knows about pancreatic pain and was willing to work with me to make sure stayed out of the hospital and was willing to see me anytime I made an appointment it is obvious he truly cares as his practice has grown and many other wonderful pain management doctors have joined him.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

was "treated" by Dr John W. Wages. He rushed through the appointment, nor did not explain possible issues. He recommended an xray and physical therapy. I asked what he would be looking for in the xray, and his response was we will address that when the xrays were back. I asked what the physical therapy was going to address, his response was the therapist will tell me. He left the room, and an assistant came in to go over the meds, and I asked if the Dr was done with me. He informed me he was, so I requested his return since I had several more questions. Dr Wages then returned, standing in the doorway, asked if I had any questions. He never stepped in the room, and ended each answer stating do you have another question...When I stated I would only see another Dr in the group, they terminated care for me - Waste of time, money, and reflects, in my opinion, the worst type of medical care - indifference to a patient and their concerns.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

The procedure applied was accurate and likely well executed. He totally dropped the ball on my "care". The procedure was supposed to be one of several. He did the first and never followed up. Candidly, I thought he was only providing the procedure as an out sourced service. I was un aware my physician transferred my care to Dr. Wages. Dr. Wages did not expain the process or on going steps required. When I phoned to follow up with him was the most disappointing part. He absolutely refused to speak with me. He was evasive. He used his staff as a foil. It seems odd to use this adjective, but he was a coward. I think he was happy with the payment he got for the insurance and he was done with the patient. Uncaring. A genuine lack of concern for the patient and the treatment he provides.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Dr. John Wages's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 2002)