Ratings for Dr. Greg A. Horton

Arrogant, way overscheduled and absolutely does not deserve his "best surgeon" reputation. Messed up my family member's ankle and basically told her to live with it. Had to go out of state to find a surgeon to correct his mistakes. Will have nerve pain for the rest of her life thanks to this guy. I would run if he cane near me.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Doctor Horton did two surgeries on my right Achilles for bone spurs, the actual peocedure was a Calcaneus excision with secondary Achillles tendon repair. After second surgery, 1 year now, I can't walk without taking narcotics and then still with pain. I am told by pain specialists, KU Med and elsewhere, that I have nerve damage. After the first surgery by Dr. Horton one of the anchors in my heel failed and it had to be removed which Dr. Horton did in the third surgery. However now I have burning pain where I had no pain before second surgery and continued pain on the other side of the tendon. Will I walk without pain again, Dr.Horton has no ideas for me. Rather he perscribed lidocaine patches which do no good for my level of pain. Very unhappy is not even close to my level of dissatisfaction. Struggling to return to the once active and happy life I had.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

I am messed up for life ! Dr. Horton installed metal in right foot, I had to have it taken out within the year. The surgery was 2 hours late & I believe I got a rushed botched procedure. Staff seems uncaring & unresponsive. Dr. H didn't see me for 90 days post-op, even though I insisted that something was wrong, his nurse ignored me..this was a waste of my time & the insurance company should get their money back ! I am RMC.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Had star surgery in 12/2011. So far pain free. Long office waits, but he knows his stuff. Will go back if my other ankle gives out. He referred me to an ankle brace for other ankle that works for pain relief. He sees many patients because he is the best.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Horton is the BEST!! U may have to wait in the lobby for sometime. But he sees a lot of people. Like I said he is the Best!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I am a retired physician, I originally injured my ankle in a motorcycle accident at age 19. Approx one inch of my tibia was ground off on the pavement. My leg healed crooked but was functional. I went to Dr Horton after another Dr told me I needed an ankle fusion. Since I have degenerative arthritis of the sine, I feared a fusion would make my back worse. Dr Horton did an ankle replacement approx 3 years ago and I have never regretted it. The chronic bone on bone pain I suffered with for YEARS is gone. He is very busy and deals with patients no other Dr will touch, or ones that other doctors have previously done surgery on, unsuccessfully! I would rank Dr Horton as one of the best ankle surgeons in the United States! He does 15-20 ankle replacements per month and takes cases that are complex and difficult. See Dr Horton if you have a serious ankle injury and/or arhritis, my care at KU Med Center has always been first rate!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I have been to that office 3 times and spent 6 hours waiting to see Dr. Horton. Today was the same. Waited another 2 hours just for them to repeat the same X-rays to charge my insurance more money and got sent another resident and still no doctor. The whole place is a scam

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

This man is an absolutely amazing physician. I really despise hearing other people bash a doctor who is so competent and is often fixing other surgeon's mistakes. I had to have a drastic foot surgery to reconstruct my foot after another area dr destroyed it. Id rather wait for a little longer (did you know he is on staff with the jayhawks, and the royals?!) then get in quickly with a quack. Amazing, and so talented and knowledgeable. I absolutely have loved him, his staff and residents!! Cannot say enough good things about this doctor!!! My surgery was @ 3pm and when i woke @ 10pm he was still there waiting. Id rather wait an hour for such an amazing doctor. You wait for talent. You go to a specialist for a reason, and yes, there is a waiting period to be seen. But it is well worth it. He is honest and up front, maybe some people cannot handle hearing the truth abotu what they need to do to better their quality of life.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

I saw Dr. Horton for an on-going post op problems in my foot. I was referred to him and was immediately unimpressed by the unfriendliness of his scheduling staff. No messages were ever returned (tried calling three times) and eventually gave up. However, three weeks later, I got a letter saying that they'd scheduled an appointment for me 4 MONTHS later. I was tempted to cancel but figured, why not. So, I went. I waited 2+ hours in the waiting room along with many, many other disgruntled patients. I finally got in and was again bumped by another patient for x-rays. Once in the exam room, had to present a very long case history quickly to another Ortho resident. Finally Dr. Horton came in and while he did listen and evaluate, was very insensitive and quickly came to the conclusion that the only solution was a very drastic surgery. He said every other opinion I'd gotten from highly regarded Orthopedic Surgeons were incorrect. His arrogance and dismissivness are incredible. Go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

This doctor has changed my life and not for the better. After a complete foot reconstruction I am left in severe pain and unable to walk normally. I was treated with disrespect and my experience was horrible!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Greg A. Horton's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)