Ratings for Dr. Greg A. Horton

This doctor and his staff RUINED MY LIFE. He told me to my face there was no way anything would be worse. 2 years later and I am still disabled and in constant pain FROM THE SURGERY. I should have never seen him. Worst mistake of my life. Walk, don't run from this doctor and his piece of sh*t staff - especially his nurse Katie.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Dr. Horton did an ankle fusion on me on January 2007 I was in a cast for 10 months. Here it is 11 years later and I can no longer wear any type of shoes other than open back house slippers. This is due to the severe curvature of the foot and ankle he fused. I wish I never would have had this done by him. I will never walk right again due to this fusion. I have had 2 knee replacements since then that have gone very well the big problem is I will never walk the same again due to my ankle and foot being fused. Heed my warning never have anything fused I don't understand why an ankle replacement was not an option that he considered. My current orthopedic surgeon refuses to do any type of fusions. Heartbroken

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Each day I wake up and wish to God I had never let him butcher my foot. Would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

I have been to multiple orthopedic surgeons due to my teens athletic injuries . Dr. Horton has by far the worst bed side manner I have ever encountered in my life. I would never return to him, even if he is well known in the field. Arrogant and no regard for the patient.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Arrogant and nurse staff will not help anyone. Perhaps they are just overworked and not enough staff, but the end results are the same- poor service.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

He is a little brash at the bedside and you you always have to wait hours to see him but good surgeons are usually like that.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I'm so thankful I was referred to Dr. Horton. He changed my life, making it possible for me to walk without pain after replacing my ankle. You have to wait but he's a very busy doc. He is businesslike but is happy to answer questions. I have other foot issues and want him for all my care. Unfortunately KU Med Ctr. is difficult for us to get to - we're not in the K.C. area. I highly recommend him and thank God he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

The doctor is good. Katie the nurse rudest person I ever met in my life and I manged and worked customer service all my life. The KU surgery staff from the front desk, billing department and medical assistant and the nurse who is having baby girl in the beganning of Auguest is AMAAZING!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Horrible results! A year later and my foot is worse off now than it ever was. How I wish I had never seen this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I am an RN. I devoloped post traumatic arthritis after a nasty ankle, etc... fractures. He takes on cases other ortho docs don't have the skill level to handle. Yes, expect to wait to get an appointment (6 months), then wait to see him (so far every office appointment has been way late). I am 7 weeks post ankle arthrdesis (fusion, because replacement wasn't an option due to bone condition) so still in the total non weight bearing stage, but I used to have ankle pain all the time, even when sitting with leg elevat d. No pain in the ankle at this time. I know to expect discomfort/pain when I can start weight bearing, but he told me he expected the pain to be much improved from my pre-op status. I am hoping for the best, but as a nurse I realize that pain free is not often achieved after severe breaks requiring many surgeries. I trusted my first ortho doc (he has done several surgeries and I have had great results and he highly recommended Dr. Horton as did other ortho docs and many PTs.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Dr. Greg A. Horton's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)