Ratings for Dr. Greg A. Horton

Horrible results! A year later and my foot is worse off now than it ever was. How I wish I had never seen this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I am an RN. I devoloped post traumatic arthritis after a nasty ankle, etc... fractures. He takes on cases other ortho docs don't have the skill level to handle. Yes, expect to wait to get an appointment (6 months), then wait to see him (so far every office appointment has been way late). I am 7 weeks post ankle arthrdesis (fusion, because replacement wasn't an option due to bone condition) so still in the total non weight bearing stage, but I used to have ankle pain all the time, even when sitting with leg elevat d. No pain in the ankle at this time. I know to expect discomfort/pain when I can start weight bearing, but he told me he expected the pain to be much improved from my pre-op status. I am hoping for the best, but as a nurse I realize that pain free is not often achieved after severe breaks requiring many surgeries. I trusted my first ortho doc (he has done several surgeries and I have had great results and he highly recommended Dr. Horton as did other ortho docs and many PTs.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

3 hour wait, rude nurses, Horton was arrogant and argumentative...

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Horrible bed side manner, horrible staple job, uncaring and unkind.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Brilliant surgeon !! Yes you have to wait to see him, but get over it people you wait for the best. I had a triple arthodesis and tendon lengthening performed in December 2016. I am healing very well. It seems Dr. Horton does everything he can to save limbs and also to correct other surgeons mistakes. I am very thankful for his skill and dedication .

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Worst experience, if you make an apt be prepared to wait hours!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I suffered from left food drop for almost 9 years. After visiting a neurologist and neurosurgeon, I was finally referred to Dr. Horton. The first office wait took an extremely long time, but it was well worth the wait! Dr. Horton recommended several surgical procedures, and warned me in advance that I might not get my total range of motion back, but that I would at least have better clearance. Surgery was in May. Fast forward 4 months and I feel phenomenal! My range of motion in my left foot is almost normal (8 degrees flexion before surgery, now at 20 degrees post-surgery). I am back to normal activities, and hope to get back to running half-marathons. For those patients needing to have a lot of time and reassurance from their surgeon, Dr. Horton may not be for them. He is extremely busy and doesn't spend a lot of time with his patients but he knows his stuff. I am thankful he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Arrogant, way overscheduled and absolutely does not deserve his "best surgeon" reputation. Messed up my family member's ankle and basically told her to live with it. Had to go out of state to find a surgeon to correct his mistakes. Will have nerve pain for the rest of her life thanks to this guy. I would run if he cane near me.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Doctor Horton did two surgeries on my right Achilles for bone spurs, the actual peocedure was a Calcaneus excision with secondary Achillles tendon repair. After second surgery, 1 year now, I can't walk without taking narcotics and then still with pain. I am told by pain specialists, KU Med and elsewhere, that I have nerve damage. After the first surgery by Dr. Horton one of the anchors in my heel failed and it had to be removed which Dr. Horton did in the third surgery. However now I have burning pain where I had no pain before second surgery and continued pain on the other side of the tendon. Will I walk without pain again, Dr.Horton has no ideas for me. Rather he perscribed lidocaine patches which do no good for my level of pain. Very unhappy is not even close to my level of dissatisfaction. Struggling to return to the once active and happy life I had.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

I am messed up for life ! Dr. Horton installed metal in right foot, I had to have it taken out within the year. The surgery was 2 hours late & I believe I got a rushed botched procedure. Staff seems uncaring & unresponsive. Dr. H didn't see me for 90 days post-op, even though I insisted that something was wrong, his nurse ignored me..this was a waste of my time & the insurance company should get their money back ! I am RMC.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Greg A. Horton's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med