Ratings for Dr. James E. Howe

I have no confidence in this doctor. I have had 4 back surgeries and he is not willing to help with pain issues. I have nickel sized growth under my skin on my stomach and he tells me not to worry! In my opinion avoid this doctor . My health and quality of life means more than his false sense of dedication and compassion.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

He usually seems very rushed, has patients stacked up waiting in rooms, he seems very very distracted and listens while typing, rarely makes eye contact. His attitude in my opinion is dismissive, and he is reluctant to refer to a specialist or to do diagnostic testing, resulting in issues becoming a real problem, when they could have been addressed early on, preventing months of pain in my case.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

I was misdiagnosed. I had throat cancer and Dr. Howe diagnosed me with an allergy. He prescribed Claritin and throat lozenges! After one year, I went to Mass General and was diagnosed with throat cancer. Please do not go to see Dr. Howe.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Condescending to older female patients. Minimizes symptoms that need serious attention. Inconsistent advice.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

I find Dr. Howe an empathetic, sensible, down to earth doctor. He prefers not to prescribe antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. He has responded to my emails.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

VERY NICE BUT VERY RUSHED. DID NOT SPEND ENOUGH TIME WITH PATIENT.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. James E. Howe's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1986)

GHI