Ratings for Dr. Bernard A. Pfeifer

everyone does not know everything...Dr is not afraid to consult for patient's sake...he is congenial, confident, honest and coveniencing to patient...He is a great Dr.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

AFter 3 months of PT I was sent to Dr. Pheifer to investigate hip and lower back pain. Asked me if I hurt enough for surgery or a cortisone shot. Took one xray and did a quick exam. Told me it was bursitis and maybe tendonitis - as women age they get these things (!!). Offered pain killers (?) and said if I didn't feel better in 1 more month come back. Very jovial and pleasant, but didn't take my pain, or my PT's notes seriously. I went to one of his associates and 2nd doc said first xray was useless. He took a series of different xrays and say there was a problem immediately. Discovered I had an impingement of both hips that was destroying the two joints. NO bursitis nor tendonitis. It's great to be pleasant, but it's better to listen to your patient and get a real answer.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Dr. Pfeifer did two hip surgeries for me and they were both successful. The dr. gave me options and explained everything to me beforehand so I could make a knowledgeable decision. I would recommend Dr. Pfeifer to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2009

Dr. Bernard Pheifer is the BEST. I don't believe he still performs surgery. I thought I heard that he now teaches. He performed a partial disc removal on my back and literally saved the quality of my life. Three other surgeons and emergency rooms offered me any help. He operated and I was back to my self in a few weeks.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Bernard A. Pfeifer's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1975)

UnitedHealthcare