Ratings for Dr. Helen Frye

My brother is with Dr frye over the years he had to deal with paper work etc on anew injury in canada coast guard he would try over and over to get it she always acted like she didn't know about it he had to really bug her over and over before it got done, Few years later he had been loosing weight no apparent reason , Most doctors would be sending you for tests all she said was do you want to get weighed on your way Out?,She finally after few months when he went in again sent him for blood tests , by this time he had lost even more weight, she told him everything is good , wanting to believe that he ignored his weight loss and went on till months later he ended up in hospital on deaths bed with pnomonea, While in there thank God Dr Hannamen sent him for scope mri etc, it ends up he had esophagus cancer , emergency surgery eight hours operation, to remove cancerouse tumour and rebuild esophagus, He went in for check up three weeks after surgery and he was saying some thing about feeding tube and she's why are you on feeding tube she was clueless to his operation till he reminded her of it and she's ohhhhh goodness and read reports on computer, I know the eight months delay could effect weather his lived or died, He is doing pretty good now with recovery but not out of the woods has to see cancer doctors and see if he is clear or if it's in other organs, If you have her and feel something isn't right insist on seeing specialist, ,,,,,my doctor left and I hear she took all his patients,I think I will leave her before I need her, better no doctor then an incompetent one,

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

We took our daughter to the ER at Alexander due to her complaining of her ear hurting. Dr. Frye saw us after 3 hours, took one look in her ear, and said she had too much wax in her ear to see. She then suggested we wait until the 102 degree fever our daughter had to "melt the wax in her ear", then come back. That was it, and we took her back the next night, come to find out she has an ear infection and got antibiotics. Oh, and the nurses cleaned her ear out.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

This doctor is the worst I have ever had. She never listens or writes things down so I find myself repeating myself every visit. She took me off all my meds including my cholesterol pills with no explanation. I booked several full examination and all were less than 5 minutes long (supposed to be 30 minutes) and no exam was ever given. One time I broke my nose and she did not even call to tell me that I had. Another time she bent my leg to the side knowing that I had serious back problems and I had to get cortisone shots for 6 months to correct the damage. Her bedside manner is repulsive to say the least and I ended up leaving her and have been without a doctor for 2 years now. What the heck is happening to our health system??

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

First time seeing this doctor today. I was with another doctor in the hospital who closed his practice and was placed with her. The other Doctor ordered blood work, a urine test and a pelvic ultrasound for issues I've been having. I went and did all that and her office called me to schedule an appointment. Went in, she had no idea why I was there. Didn't address my problem at all. Sending me for more bloodwork but not even related to my concern. Just didn't seem to care at all. Doctors are hard to find around here so I have no choice to keep her for now. Can't say I'd recommend her based on my first experience. I only hope I don't have to see her often. Mind you, I did get in 10 min after my appointment was scheduled which was fine and the staff was nice.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I see Dr Frye, have for some time now. She has taken very good care of me, she listings to me and she takes time to talk to me. The girls @ the deck are very friendly. I have never had a problem. Some time I have to wait but not for long. She is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

This dr was a joke.I got her 4 a dr when my dr retired.I have only seen her once but I rele dont want to see her again. My children are 3 and 2 years old. First she showed up 45 mins late to our app then during our app shepicked up her personal cell phone 3 times and was talking to someone about going on a trip, very distrespectful in my eyes and then was awful with my children, my children were fussy due 2 the fact that they had been made to wait so long and they are young and dont take to strangers very well and she was very ignorant to them and pushy and didnt understand why they were so uncooperative with her, thankfully my kids were referred to a pediatrition so hopefully i wont have to see her anymore for my kids. Then she had the audacity to judge me on my life, on the fact that a i smoked during my pregnancies which I already knew wasnt good, i did have a dr, and b she told me i shouldnt be on birth control bcuz i smoke, thats a great thing to suggest, so disgusted by her!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Dr. Frye was the ER doctor on duty at the Alexandra Hospital(Ingersoll) when I visited. She was very rushed and did very little to examine me or listen to my issues. She tried to look in my mouth but gave up after the first try since I did not open my mouth correctly for her. All she could suggest was to take some advil and visit my family physician. I overheard her assessing other patients and she seemed to be clueless on how to treat them as well, other than to try a 3rd dosage of a medicine that was not working for a lady complaining of chest pain.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Doesn't listen to what you have to say. Very scary Dr. Win't see her again.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

We recently moved from Cambridge to Woodstock and a relative (who works at the Ingersoll Hospital) got my wife and I applications for Dr. Frye. There was no response from her office two weeks after we submitted the apps and we were expecting an interview or some kind of follow up. I called the office and was told to "just show up at the hospital the first time I was sick". Concerned about the attitude of the receptionist I went on line to look for information about Dr. Frye. After reading comments here and our uneasy feelings we returned to our original doctor in Cambridge who fortunately was willing to take us back. If nothing else I can drive to Cambridge and home again in less time than it apparently takes to see this Dr. Frye. Do hospitals/clinics read these reviews before they take someone on staff?

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

This Doctor is your worst nightmare. Not only do you wait in her office for more than 2 hours, she's always in a hurry. She doesn't listen and stopped a very powerful drug I was on without replacing it with something of the same strength, I was rushed to Hospital twice by ambulance because of her misjudgement. Also I was told at the hospital I had a high white blood count to tell Dr Frye, I did she did nothing.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010