Ratings for Dr. Mark A Rieger

My daughter has seen him for hip displatia. We have been to him 6 times for treatment. EVERY time we go we wait for at least 45 minutes to get into an exam room and them we wait about 15 minutes to see him. He also either purposely mislead us about her treatment or lied to us. The office just seems like a money making machine. Stay away.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Waited over a month to see him. Went in and he sent us home because it was a second opinion. Didnt even have the compassion to tell me himself. Unbelievable. I have never been treated like this before. I sat there sobbing while he watched from the hall. No one ever told me about a policy for a second opinion. Crazy! Waste of time. Staff could have cared less.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I was very disappointed with the office and the physician. The wait time was long and the office staff not too pleasant. The doctor was rushed and arrogant. We left without a clear understanding of how to manage my daughter's injury at home. I was then stunned when I received the explanation of benefits with a separate charge for physical therapy. Was that the 30 seconds spent demonstrating range of motion exercises?

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

My 8yo son and I waited 50mins b4 nurse took us to exam room. I told her I brought my son (1) for 2nd opinion on heel injury and (2) for unrelated issue. Nurse left and returned saying Dr Rieger was denying treatment b/c we were a 2nd opinion and didn't follow policy for 2nd opinion, which is you must bring records from 1st dr and must leave $100 deposit in advance. I had Xrays and PT reports, no report from 1st dr. I explained I told receptionist about 2nd opinion when making appt and wasn't asked for deposit. Nurse said info I brought was insufficient and insisted staff would have told me of the “2nd opin policy” Note, when I made appt, staff sent 2 pages of OFFICE POLICIES for me to read/sign b4 appt. Nowhere does it mention “2nd opinion policy”. I asked for dr to see my son for issue unrelated to 2nd opinion. Dr. Rieger still said NO. He didn't have decency to come explain his policy, nurse said he had patients to see. We waited 50mins and he couldn't spare 5 mins for us.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I find his staff to be rude.I thought it was only my perception, but I see others have the same reaction. The waits are unacceptable. I am counting on his reputation that he is knowledgable, its the only reason I am putting up with that office for treatment of son's scoliosis.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I went to Dr. Rieger because I thought my daughter who was about to turn 1 had nursemaid elbow and my pediatrician wasn't sure. I walked out of his office in shock needing to do blood work and an MRI with little explanation from the Doctor. I did it because I wanted to make sure i didn't risk anything. But looking back and after discussing the x-ray with another doctor which lead to the MRI it seemed to completely unnecessary. I put my 1 year old on her first birthday through a sedated MRI which was completely unnecessary. I know the option for pediatric orthopics is small but I will probably not see Dr. Reiger ever again.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Good technician - but LONG waits and no respect for patient's time. He'd be an excellent doctor if his office staff scheduled more appopriately. Even early morning appts have to wait over an hour past scheduled time. Just not respectful.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Rude staff, rude, rushed doctor, horrible medical care. Find an office that cares about more than seeing how many patients they can fit in per minute.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Great doctors, but UNBELIEVABLY long waits for Scoliosis clinic each and EVERY time. Why do they bother w appt times when it's typically a two hour wait?! -So not nice for kids who have homework to do.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Whoever said that Dr.Rieger is not a good doctor, obviously doesn't know him too well, I started to go to him when I was 10 years old. In 1992, I am now 29 years old. He did my back surgery when I was 10. A few years ago, when I was 24 I woke up and couldn't move at all, I called him right away, and he told me to come in right away so he could make sure nothing was wrong. During the weeks before my surgery, mind you I was a 10 year old,scared little girl, he calmed me down, and reassured me that everything would be okay, he explained everything in detail so my 10 year old mind would understand what was going on, when I woke up from the surgery he was right there like he promised when they put me out. He honestly has to be one of the best doctors that I have ever had in my life. So, all in all, he was helpful, and kept his promise to a scared 10 year old.I still remember the nickname he gave me back than and that was almost 20 years ago.Thank you Dr.Rieger for making sure that I was ok.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

Dr. Mark A Rieger's Credentials

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Farmington Ct 06032 (Grad. 1983)