Ratings for Dr. John M. Highsmith

Overpriced and full of himself. All he cares about is the money.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dental work suggested that was not needed and was previously told it was something "to keep an eye on, and do nothing for now". Staff very rude and hateful when dealing with business matters. Staff does not follow through with things they tell you they are going to do. Dentist unwilling to speak with patients or address issues pertaining to staff and customer service issues.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Highsmith and his staff are top notch! I had a severe case of TMJ. Dr. Highsmith uses the most up to date equipment to analyse your bite and what will help you. Once it was decided I needed a splint to prevent my clinching my pain has gone away. The splint is not one of those ugly clear ones of days gone by, it looks just like teeth so I can wear it 24/7 without any problems or feeling self conscious. Fast, courteous, dependable! Thank you Dr. Highsmith!!!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. HIGHSMITH is the very best, trust me I know because I went to multiple Dentists for consultations. I chose Dr Highsmith to do all my Dental work. I am so very happy with my new smile, it is beautiful & natural looking. People compliment my smile & I had not received a compliment in a long time. Your smile is important, your smile gives you confidence. Dr Highsmith has several payment options & spending the money 1st for your health & then your confidence is worth every penny! Call Dr. HIGHSMITH!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Dr John Highsmith is an ARTIST. I was so miserable with my smile, I would rarely smile. Dr Highsmith has given me my smile & confidence back. I his work ! Call him if you are unhappy with your smile! He us worth every penny spent on yourself, with all of his training which he & his staff stay current.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr Highsmith's dentistry is excellent! He isn't the cheapest but he IS the best!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Highsmith is double to triple the price of anyone else in town. Please don't let the slick TV commercials confuse you! Anyone who has to advertise to get business as a dentist has something to hide, and is not doing his or her job very well! He recommends all kinds of unnecessary dental work, and pushes expensive veneers, etc. He has a poor reputation in the community because of his slick tactics and overpriced care. Beware!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

My first visit to Dr. Highsmith’s office was because of a toothache. He examined my teeth and took x-rays. After the examination and review of the x-rays, Dr. Highsmith referred me to another local dentist who he felt would better suit my needs. He gave me my set of x-rays and told me to come back with any questions or further needs. There was no charge for the office visit or the set of x-rays they gave me. I found that unbelievably generous and was rather surprised that I wasn’t charged for an office visit. I highly recommend this office. They are professional and definitely trying to do their best for the patient. I have been back to their office for other dental work and have been extremely satisfied.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Friendly, knowledgeable & helpful staff. The entire place is clean and beautiful, right down to the lovely garden you see while in the dentist's chair. No waiting - they schedule patients properly and take you back right on time. All of the equipment appears to be the newest and best of everything. Everyone goes out of their way to make you feel relaxed & comfortable with TVs, music, kind words, etc. Of course, wonderful as they are, none of these extras matter if the doctor isn't top notch. Luckily, Dr. Highsmith is awesome! He's done wonders with my TMJ issue. He also repaired two damaged crowns and did a fantastic job there, as well! I'm extremely pleased with his entire practice. I am so happy I was referred by another pleased patient that couldn't say enough good things about Dr. Highsmith and his staff. Wow! Just saw the other review as I was posting this one. Trust me, IGNORE IT! Hmm, I wonder if that guy works for free? He apparently expects Dr. Highsmith to do so.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Although competent, Dr. Highsmith is all about the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR. Expect a smooth-sell delivery initially from his office staff, then he will come in to "seal the deal", trying to sway you to fix teeth unnecessarily to line his pocket. Then, he costs five times as much as everyone else. We got calls about the bill within two weeks after the visit, with incessant badgering about money when the work was done. He had initially told us to "not worry about the money, what I want is to make YOU better". What a joke! Went to another local dentist and told him what crowns and veneers Highsmith advised, and they laughed about his suggestions, fixing them at a fraction of the cost (or not at all if not needed). I would avoid him at all costs, go to someone with some personal integrity who does not worship at the alter of the almighty dollar!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012