Ratings for Dr. Julie R. Fagundes

I can't stand dentists! I went to a check-up in June, 2015. There was nothing wrong with my teeth, I had no pain or sensitivity. Dr. Julie R Fagundes of Medford, OR insisted that I remove a potentially weak filling and replace it with an onlay. The onlay came off 4 months later even though she claimed it wouldn't come off for at least 35 years! By this time I was back in Boston and had to see a different dentist, Dr. Aziz from Dental Dreams. He tried replacing the onlay, which came off again after one month. Then the idiots put a crown on my tooth, which cracks two months later and was still causing me pain at the time. Turns out that dentist didn't seal the crown properly because they don't actually have a clue what they're doing. They are improvising! He sends me to a root canal specialist who confirms that I needed a root canal. Both dentists proceeded to refund the cost of the crown and deny all responsibility for my tooth. They wouldn't touch it, nor pay for another dentist to fix my tooth. Being the skeptic I am, I demanded a second opinion and luckily the third dentist I saw was able to properly apply a crown and fix my tooth without a root canal on Dec 1, 2016. I had to suffer with a painful tooth for 1.5 years. I couldn't chew on that side of my mouth, breathe cold air, and I couldn't drink hot or cold beverages without severe pain the entire time. Both dentists should be banned from the medical field for life. Stay away from dentists at all costs, especially these dentists. They look for problems and then sabotage your teeth to secure patient retainers. It's a disgusting and barbaric industry that should be replaced with more sensible treatments. This was the worst year and a half of my life and it's primarily due to this dental fiasco. Shame on both of you!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. Fagundes is one of the most knowledgable and caring dentists I have ever had the pleasure to know! Seriously! I also know that she is no longer practicing with Dr. Schmidt. Dr. Fagundes has been in her own practice for more than two years now. I would highly recommend you give her practice a call and find out for yourself. Her fees are very fair as well! Hope this helps!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011