Ratings for James J. CONNOLLY

Unethical. He is an actor and lies to your face. Don’t think for a minute that what he says to you will go into your written custody evaluation. He told me he would recommend to the judge that I be awarded primary residential custody because ex was “not capable” of parenting or co-parenting. Written report says no such thing and I rarely get to visit child and child has been manipulated so badly. He is corrupt and asks alot about your families money because he wants to make sure there is a lengthy trial he can get his filthy self into. He pits the divorcing parents against each other while colluding with your corrupt attorney. Stay away and don’t pay him a penny!!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

Dr. Connolly was able to help our family under very difficult circumstances. He is a thorough and painstaking evaluator. As a result of the professional assistance and advice that he gave us, we were able to obtain the appropriate services for our children.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Quite simply; if you are a loving father, you are strongly encouraged to avoid Dr. Connolly, regardless of who "recommends" him. He was recommended for a custody evaluation between my ex and I for our minor children. A fight which I initiated for numerous reasons in the best interest of my children. I would have rather lit the $10K on fire. He deceived me into believing that I had his support throughout this process, including sessions with my children. He grossly misrepresented the facts and invented information which he placed in his custody evaluation. The whole notion of doing what's best for the children is non-existent in this man's evil eyes. He is nothing short of a self-righteous, egotistical monster, who is very easily manipulated by the crocodile tears of a diagnosed, mentally ill woman. If you love you children and want what's best for them, steer clear.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I employed this man in a custody evaluation and it was the worst mistake of my life. He displayed an overly arrogant disposition, employed outdated Freudian methods, and spoke about himself more than anything. Honestly, I was baffled by his behavior. Worse, he allowed himself to be manipulated by my ex, despite her diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. Against the well-being of my children and their clear objections, he decided that she should have primary custody. He believed that she was a "damsal in distress" and that it was his job to "save" her. It crossed ethical lines and even the GAL was shocked. But the system is broken in Connecticut and fathers have no rights.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I have met Dr. Connolly once so far. I was very comfortable to talk to him from the beginning. He is incredibly intelligent, detailed, thorough and does his research...and he recognizes truth. I have immense respect for him and there is no question as to why he IS one of the best forensic psychologists in the state of Connecticut. He knows absolutely everything and is brilliant.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Excellent mental health services delivered efficiently and compassionately.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Wonderful evaluation saved my family. He really understands families.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013