Ratings for Dr. Melissa A. Dietz

I first saw Dr. Dietz about 2 yrs ago after experiencing abnormally painful periods and bleeding for years and finally realizing it wasn't normal. I had suspected endometriosis but was not certain. Without doing the mandatory laparoscopy to diagnose me she told me it was likely and also misdiagnosed me with a bicornuate uterus after performing an ultrasound. The year and a half following that we tried several birthcontrol pills to manage the pain and bleeding but nothing worked. In fact the pill made bleeding a constant problem. I rarely went more than a few days at a time without needing a tampon. My last appointment with her she was clearly stumped and said "well if you told me you didn't want kids that would make things a lot easier, at this point I would recommend a hysterectomy." I was 25 at this time and hadn't even started trying to have children yet. It was devastating, I left that day thinking I had no chance easing my pain without having a hysterectomy. After about 2 months I sought out a second opinion and was informed I had pcos, a septate uterus, retrograde menstration, uterine fibroids, and suspected endometriosis after my first visit. With in a month of that my new dr. had reconstructed my uterine septum, removed the fibroids, diagnosed and lasered a significant amount of stage 4 endometriosis lesions, and started lupron injections for treatment of the pcos and endo. It is 6 months later and my hormone therapy is complete my uterus is now shaped correctly and will allow for more normal periods and the medication for the pcos is doing its job. I urge you, if you suspect something is not right, get a second opinion! Some dr.s are simply there for a paycheck and will give you a pack of pills and send you on your way.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I LOVE Dr. Dietz! She is the best. I had a difficult pregnancy and she was right there with me every step of the way. I trust her completely. She got me through my first C-section. I was a little on the scared side, but I knew she would take care of me and my baby. She was also really good with my 3 year old son. I would recommend her to everyone! She is very caring and has an amazing bed-side manner.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

The front desk staff is absolutely terrible which is unfortunate because I liked the physician. Definitely won't be back.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

She has delivered two of my girls i love this docter. I would recomend every women to go to her.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Dr. Melissa A. Dietz's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)