Ratings for Dr. Jennifer L. Gorrelick

I don’t know how this doctor earned her license. I don’t recommend her to anyone. Her knowledge is so shallow her bed manners are the worst ever!!!! you cannot imagine how uncomfortable she can make you.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I love Dr. G. She's been treating me for over a decade. Recently, I started having some issues related to my potassium and she was very thorough and on top of the tests she ordered. She was even able to get me in with a nephrologist stat! I'm very happy with her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Always kept me waiting, over prescribed me medicine, didn't listen to what my real issues were. If you have anxiety, do NOT go to her.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

WOW!! I went to Dr. Gorrelick three times and will never go back. She was rude, in a rush, filled with herself. Wanted to remind her I was the patient!! She couldn't look at me directly--her eye contact was minimal. Sadly, she missed a very serious diagnosis. If only she had listened...

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Upon walking into the room, she looked at my medical records and stated I had had antibiotics twice in the past year so she was not going to give me any regardless of whether or not I was in need of them. She suggested some over the counter cold remedies. Having made her determination upon examination of my past medical history, she took no time to discuss either my severe head/sinus pain or the fact I had been coughing up blood in my mucus which was the reason for the visit.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2012

WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER HAD. Dr. Jennifer Gorrelick is a disgrace for a doctor!! the whole visit she was only concerned about HER time and what she would get PAID for my visit. seriously?? I came for an annual screening and told her some concerns I had about my health. she immediately tried to get me to make some tests and booked another appointment for my "actual physical appointment" because those extra conditions I have supposedly didn't fall under "annual screening". When I asked if we could do it all at once she snappily said "No, because then I would only get paid for one visit" rude, arrogant and completely ignorant. that's all I can say. AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

I had a bad experience with her in 2008. At that time I had like cold symptoms for a while as well as little acid reflux. It didn't go away for a while so I checked up with her, she said I catch a cold and drink more hot tea. I did, but it didn't help i still felt like i'm sick and feel like something stuck in my throat for 3-4 months. So I went back to her again, she couldn't tell what's it and told me at the end that "just say you had a bad year". Since i just knew something wrong with me, so I went to gastroenterologist, he took sample from my stomach and found bacteria. He gave me a pack of anti-biotics to take for 2 weeks, after that I recovered. Feelings like sth stuck in my throat was gone and Dr. Gorrelick was gone too.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

She is the best doctor I have ever seen (and I have seen many). She is very knowledgeable and understanding. If you have an eating disorder, I strongly recommend her-- she knows more than anyone I have seen inpatient/residential. I also have problems unrelated to my eating disorder; she has worked brilliantly with my specialists. When an urgent issue was found on a test, she called my house very frequently until I answered, and then sat with me on the phone for almost an hour. She is very caring, calm, understanding. She has a warm sense of humor and is very easy to talk to. Beyond that-- she is a very good doctor. She is VERY thorough from the first appointment on. She is very competent/intelligent/skilled. I would recommend her to anyone, and I have. ESPECIALLY if you have an eating disorder, you would be doing yourself a disservice seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

I thought Dr. Jennifer Gorrelick was adequate until I went to her with more than a sniffle. I've injured my neck and back and went to her for pain relief and referrals. My X-Ray results were sent to her, so I called to get them. She had a temp medical assistant call me. The temp couldn't pronounce terminology such as "cervical spine" and clearly didn't understand what C5 and C6 are. She mumbled through it and I asked her to please have the doctor call me to explain the results. Gorrelick refused. Temp called again and said "she says you don't have a tumor." Well, thanks, but that wasn't the issue. Can you please read the results. I called again trying to get the nurse. I was on hold for quite a while. The temp (who STILL had never introduced herself) repeats the same stuff. I asked her to please read the radiologist's report. Gorrelick apparently was standing right there. Suddenly, she's on the phone, SCREAMING. Yes, unreal. This woman should have her license revoked.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

I'm satisfied w/ the care provided by Dr. Gorrelick. That said, BEWARE - the billing practices of this office are questionable. The office did not follow the proper procedures in sending me for diagnostic testing (i.e., they didn't send me to the preferred lab). Therefore, my claims were rejected by my insurance company. After calling the Dr.'s office, I learned: (1) they knew that LabCorp hadn't been the preferred for 1 yr.+; (2) they sent me there anyway b/c the Dr.'s office has a contract w/ LabCorp; (3) the Dr.'s biling personnel blamed me for not knowing that the lab services wouldn't be covered, even though they are a provider of my insurance, and in my opinion, should know what is and is not covered. Instead, they attempted to shift blame onto me, the patient. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! If what they said were true, then why don't I do all the medical coding and billing myself? In my opinion, this was an unethical conflict of interest.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Dr. Jennifer L. Gorrelick's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington, VA