Ratings for Dr. Alexander M. Waitkus

I would like to say my overall experience with Dr. Waitkus was outstanding. He and his employees we're very respectable, courteous and showed me the utmost respect. Dr. Waitkus is very knowledgeable and GOOD at what he does. When it comes to getting braces I would recommend him; give him a try and you'll see why..

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

My wife had moderate crowding, but didn't want to pull any teeth, so we shopped around to the 6 most notable orthodontists in Virginia Beach and asked each place if it was possible to keep all her teeth and reshape them to fit. Dr. Waitkus was the ONLY one to measure her teeth to see if it was even possible, AND he was the most affordable. After about 2 years, we had to move in a hurry (Work related). He saw us nearly every other day (including days off) the entire month before we left to add the final touches to my wifes teeth, and finished over 6 months ahead of schedule (discount included). In case you were wondering, he didn't pull any teeth, and her smile looks perfect. We couldn't be happier with our overall experience. There is more to our story, but I kept it short because this review needs to be read. Great Doctor, and a great guy.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

I feel like my child got great treatment from Dr.Waitkus. We had a great experience in his office located in Hampton, VA. The only complaint I may have is that he does run late. He lives in Virginia Beach and on occasions has been caught in traffic coming through the tunnel which really cannot be blamed on the doctor. As far as running late during appointment times...I feel like he gives each and every patient the time they need to ask questions and have him fully explain any work that is being done. I have never left that office with questions or concerns regarding my child's treatment. I would recommend Dr. Waitkus to provide orthodontic treatment to my family or friends.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Highly discourage anyone from going to this dentist. ALWAYS late for appointments! Seems more interested in keeping you through your entire contract vice trying to get your child out of braces when reasonable. Never returns calls. I have had two appointments where he was more than 40 minutes late arriving to the office and had to leave! Still charges you for that month eventhough you have to reschedule and take more time off from work. He will tell you it's traffic (he commutes from VB to Hampton), but guess what doctor? Thousands of people commute everyday and still make it to work on time! He publicly demeans his staff in front of patients and was without any staff for a period of time as turnover is very high in his practice! I would not recommend in any way shape or form!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Talks to much and keeps people in braces for 4-5 years!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Lack expertise, horrible customer service and Dr Waitkus very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

Dr. WAitkus is a CON ARTIST and does not follow through with ANY plan he has ever made. Im tired of his lying, and insulting and the attitude he gives to my brother and I. i do NOT reccomend him to anyone or anything. to me he is a FRAUD.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

I wanted to recommend Dr. Waitkus, not only for the high degree of professional quality and pride he has always demonstrated in John's course of treatments, but the human side he has displayed over these years in remembering birthdays, ect and the high degree of rapport he demonstrates with the kids?

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010