Ratings for Dr. James Cohen

I found Dr. Cohen because he was my internist's personal doctor. He was absolutely amazing. He dissuaded me from a total knee replacement when my previous orthopedist had pressed hard for it. He took a very conservative approach to my care and was able to get me pain free and back to jogging without surgery. I truly thank him for changing my life! (My sister from DC flew to Chicago just to see him)

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Used surgical procedure I refused. Did not use my autologous blood or any blood during surgery. I later fainted and had to receive strangers' whole blood. Revised hip replacement was attached crooked (so it snaps painfully hard) and with very deep pelvis pens even though I was of childbearing years (would complicate). Cut sloppy away from original surgeries. Had a fit and yelled "knock her out!" to anesthesiologist when I laughed at his comments during surgery since I was on spinal drip and was alert. Wouldn't listen to anesthesiologist nor me--insisted. I was VERY sick following. Stitched up leaving big dimple. Shot me up several times and years later for other joint problems too much cortisone and lied about phone call regarding full thickness rotator cuff tear surgery to me--denied he called and insisted on surgery. I'll never see him again. He's nuts.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2006

Dr. James Cohen's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1980)

Delta Dental