Ratings for Dr. Max Barth

Dr Barth is a world class neurosurgeon. He has done both brain surgery and back surgery for my wife. We shopped around and did a lot of research, and no one in Maine compares to him or his practice. I thought we'd have to go to Boston or further for good neuro care, but you won't find a better surgeon anywhere. In addition, Barth will not recommend surgery when he doesn't feel it's the best option - my experience with surgeons is that they always want to perform surgery whether or not its the optimal choice. Barth is not like that, and keeps up to date on alternative treatments. When my wife was diagnosed with an AVM, Barth explained that he felt that surgery was the best option based on location, size, etc, but also set us up with appointments with an exerpt in radiation therapy and an interventional radiologist, so we could get their persepctive and make an informed choice. Not only is he brilliant, but he is kind and patient. Simply put, Barth is the best.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Trust me when I say he is truly better than ALL the rest!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

He is a very caring and compassionate doctor. Great bedside manner. Very knowledgeable and skilled neurosurgeon. He has operated on me twice. I am a nurse and think he is excellent.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

After my surgery and my follow up appointment, Dr. Barth was done. He was wonderful at what he did but did absolutely nothing to help me with continued treatment and physical therapy. I was told that he does the surgery and that's about all. I was very disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2007

Dr Barth is a wonderful Dr. He has operated on both my mom and dad and they both loved him. he was great with the family and the trauma of a brain tumor with mom. So helpful and willing to talk and explain. IF I ever needed neurosurgery, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Dr Barth.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2006