Ratings for Dr. Edward Whittingslow

This doctor sucks ! Yes this medicine is great but he has a bad system there's always a wait for an hour or more even if you have a appointment! He never answers the phone and sometimes won't show up for the appointment he scheduled! I pay for the time and the urinallysis which is never conducted! Poor service he doesn't have a receptionist he's fired all of them because he doesn't want to pay them!!? Half the time you have to go to his house for the appointment or just to talk to him!!!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Dr. Whittingslow has saved my life. He is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable in his field of Addiction Medicine/F.P. I recommend Dr. W to anyone that is pursuing to get a handle on opiate dependence; he is by far the most affordable physician in the CSRA in regard to Suboxone treatment. He spends more time than a psychiatrist does with their patients and outlines an individualized treatment protocol for each patient to ensure the most promising outcome for the continuance of sobriety. He also does not push you to taper down in a month or two, as I have had that experience with another Suboxone doctor. Thank you Dr. W!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

This "Doctor" seems to have the Flu every time my appointment comes around. I have not seen him in the office in over 3 months. When my appointment rolls around , his assistant calls me to let me know to not bother coming in and that Dr W is sick and that I may have to wait till the next day to get my medicine. There is usually some ridiculous excuse as to why he cannot spare 8 minutes of his time that day writing on a piece of paper or making a phone call. Its not just me that he is doing this to. Its everyone he sees. Not to mention the whole picking up RX's from his house thing is really weird. Before all this he would usually arrive an hour late, come into the office and go to the back and do whatever he does back there for another hour and then I would finally see him. His job is not that hard, but he seems to think it is. If you like showing up to your appointment and finding the door locked and not being able to get in touch with your DR, then this is your guy!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

I came to Dr. W months ago with a pain pill addiction that was taking me away from my family. Dr.W spent 3 hours with me on my first visit. Now every month that I see him he spends more than 1 hour with me. He really cares about me and I know this because I feel it! My husband and family are proud and sometimes they come to my appointments. He doesn't just rush in for 5 min., write me a prescription and then leave. He takes time and wants to help me on a psychological level. I have been to doctors for years (I am 49 yrs old) and I've always been treated like a number. Not with Dr.W! He works with a limited staff and schedules his own appointments! For the first time in my life, I have been clean for exactly 7 months and 11 days. I owe it to this man(doctor), who took the time to listen! There are not many of them out there! I highly recommend Dr. Whittingslow, and you can take my word for it! Linda P.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

This was one of the worst experiences I've had with a doctor. Despite what the website says, I always had to wait a while to see him. The last 3 visits were 5 min. visits to his house to pick up a prescription from his wife(who can be quite rude), but I was still charged full price. I also requested a records transfer 3 weeks ago to my new doc. and have yet to receive them. It seems like they are holding the records out of spite since I changed doctors. Oh, and they also tried to cancel my appt. twice at the last minute when I drive 2 hours to see them. I was also encouraged to raise my dose of medicine when unneccesary. The doctor is very friendly and seems caring, I just question their motives and competency after my repeated poor experiences.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Current patient of Dr. W. I have never found a doctor that spends this much time with his patients. I am very happy to have met him. He not only changed my life with Suboxone treatment, but every monthly visit is an actual therapeutic-psychological session. It's like getting med management and a psychologist in one! $100 for 1.5 hours of an actual physician that listens and responds to your concerns? wow! Heard he upped his new patient rates, but so well worth every cent!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

great great great doctor!!! Does not treat you like an addict at all. Does not seem to judge anyone. No preconceived notions about you. Very knowledgeable. Spends an enormous amount of time with you compared to other doctors. I wish there were more doctors like Dr Whittingslow. If only he was also a personal care doc.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

With the healthcare system in shambles it is hard to find a doctor like this these days. He is fast, affordable, and most of all helpful. He actually cares about you and develops a relationship with you. If you are looking for a doctor and tired of your regular office visit experience then stop. Call Dr. W and see what I mean.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Dr. Edward Whittingslow's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)