Ratings for Dr. William R. Collie

I've not had the experience of Dr. Collie having a Rx for everything. He initially suggested I get a longer-than-15-minute appointment with my prescribing psychiatrist. The result of that attempt is fodder for a review on someone else. Dr. Collie very carefully listened to what I said, also referencing notes Sarah had taken during our talks. His first directive was a blood test to check hormone levels and rule out physical causes. He then worked with hormones, adjusting here and there. This was over a period of months, and the tweaking cost me no extra. Meanwhile, I continued taking the meds prescribed by psychiatrist referred to above, who had diagnosed me with cyclothymia years ago. The thought that he may need to re-evaluate or grace me with 30 minutes of his time was apparently beyond the pale. It wasn't until then that Dr. Collie looked toward different anti-depressants, always starting at the lowest dose he felt would be effective. He did change the diagnosis to bi-polar II and, according to research I've done cross checked with how I feel, I don't doubt that he is correct. Addressing punctuality, yes, I've waited awhile. I can't begrudge this because of the amount of time he has spent with me during an appointment. You aren't squeezed into a 15 minute slot. You are given the time you need and that he needs. Time spent during just one visit with Dr. Collie was the equivalent of one and a half years of time spent with my former psychiatrist--the "legitimate" one. I totally admit that the externals of William and Sarah's practice brought out every skeptical bone in my body, and that William occasionally says (non-medical) things that I simply find odd. In the end, what I know is this: after more than a year of experiencing utter indifference at best and utter bleakness at worst, Dr. Collie has made it better. Not cured it, because it can't be cured, but has made it manageable and pulled me out of a deep pit. It did not happen overnight. If it had, THEN I would have worried. One final note: When I do my annual check up at the gynecologist and with my breast surgeon (family history=increased cancer risk), I naturally have to tell them what medications. They haven't started ringing alarm bells. One of them commented that what he had done to that point was good, and nothing out of the norm. The only conflict that has ever arisen is that one hormone scenario increases the risk of uterine cancer and the other scenario increases the risk of breast cancer. Ultimately, my decision to make, based on input from all three. Again, I have to say that William and Sarah have pulled me out of a place I never want to go again. They work closely with my pharmacy, and my pharmacy calls to remind me that it is time for a refill. I have a team working with me now, which is something I've never had before. If you have questions or doubts about anything Sarah or Dr. Collie says, ASK THEM. They will take the time to explain it. If you still don't get it, ASK AGAIN. They will explain it a different way. I understand that people are wary of some of the externals of their practice. I was, too. Consider the possibility, though, that we have simply become so used to what a trip to the doctor is "supposed" to look like and what to expect them to do, that we are doubtful of anything that looks different. Finally, Dr. Collie has never presented himself to me as a psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor, or even a social worker. Perhaps he's done so with other people. I don't know. Sarah, though she is a RN and sometimes draws on that experience, has never presented herself as anything but a life coach (which I also rolled my eyes at). She knows what she is doing though. If you want coaching, you can get coaching from her. It helps William get insight sometimes, but, to my knowledge, it is not required. In the end, talk to them, ask them questions, ask them why they work the way they do, ask why they don't have signage everywhere. I did. If you don't like the answers, then maybe they aren't for you. There's nothing wrong with that. FOR THE RECORD: Dr. Julie Howard is an AWESOME psychologist and I did not realize how lucky I was to have had her for so many years until she retired. She once worked at the Rice-Lewis clinic, (now just Rice clinic), but eventually started her own practice before retiring. And the psychiatrist who I had seen for years (in 15 minute increments, at $40 copay a pop), the one who refused to see me for even just 30 minutes when I asked, the one who refused to accept my telling him something was wrong and who appeared insulted that I should say such a thing? That was Dr. Robert Rice. Dr. Robert Rice.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

He has seen my child for the past 10 years, and hopefully will be there for him many more years. He has supported my child and I through mental health crisis and during the calm times. There is not another Dr like him and no others that care the way him and his wife who is his nurse do. We are thankful for them daily.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Since there is only a 5,000 character limit, I will only write this review regarding what I personally experienced this past September, which is still ongoing even now...a nasty divorce thanks to these two whackjobs. Yes, William and his wife Sarah, both. If I can post a second review, it will be about the unprofessionalism in regards to when my eldest child was his "patient". First off, disregard the positive review below mine. The date and wording has me 99% convinced it's my soon to be ex husband. William Collie has him doped up on 5 different medications which include ones as Buspirone, Adderall, and Straterra, just to name 3 of the 5. Our pcp & his nurse both were horrified and had no clue my ex was even on these meds and said he will gladly take my ex off them because he had no business being on all those. However, my ex REFUSES to go see our QUALIFIED and experienced pcp medical doctor about his meds. My ex thinks William Collie is a God and believes everything he's been brainwashed by the Collies with. Also our pcp had already heard about William Collie through others and asked if he was the one "pretending to be one thing, when he's actually something else". That is an accurate statement and also mentioned in a previous negative review. It is also accurate that William Collie "has a prescription for everything", "prescribes all kinds of unessecary meds", "appears to be a very sweet man", "hides behind religion", etc. Also as one of many red flags, these Collies have absolutely no sign whatsoever outside their place of business. It's in the Benton business suites. Also last checked, they do not take insurance of any kind. Only cash money. If you have a spouse that complains about every little negative thing about you, wheither it's an assumption or whichever, the Collies will coach your spouse to can you. exactlyBecause that's what they done with mine. My ex is easily influenced by others and the guy is 46 freaking years old. Especially when "advice" is laced with religion. My ex is a devout Christian, whereas I am a very open Atheist whom was raised devoutly Catholic. The Collies are also Catholic...false Catholics at that. NO devout Catholic of any kind coaches a "patient" spouse into a divorce. Both William and Sarah both are complete hypocities because what I am about to state from firsthand experience from September 23, 2017 will blow you readers away. Also be sure to simply type in "William Collie" on Google and read all about his license suspension with the medical board over 10 years ago and put 2 & 2 together with that plus my experience. William Collie & Sarah Collie are "Catholics", remember? They were both married to other people, and she was his patient. They had an affair with each other on their spouses and are now obviously married to each other. Married to each other and scheming and scamming the ignorant and naive out of money. Anyone who bucks up and sees right through them they seek out revenge through the spouse like in my case. On September 23, 2017 my aunt came down & my ex was acting completely erratic & like he literally needed to be locked up in a mental hospital that day. My aunt got into his truck & tried to calm him down. At the point where my ex called William Collie, I actually sat within a few short feet of my ex's vehicle and clearly heard parts of the conversation and can very much vouche William Collie was indeed on speaker phone. What had happened is in my ex's erractic panic, he called William Collie up and let him know my aunt was seated right beside him in the truck, that she was my aunt, and he was on speaker phone. William Collie then clearly violated HIPPA policy & started in on my aunt and tried to see how influencial and brainwashed he could make her over completely false & outlandish statements he has my ex convinced of. William Collie told my aunt he was trying to convince my ex to take all of my children away from me, including the child in which I am still currently pregnant with (after he is born) & lock me up into a mental institution. He kept going. William Collie then told my aunt that my grand master plan was to have my baby daughter (who is 1 years old btw) "spreading her legs by 15 years old & get her into the p*** industry" stomach whabsolutely myen I heard about that. What "professional" puts sickening & false statements like that into a spouses head? Like I said, my ex is doped up on 5 different meds by William Collie, believes everything William Collie says since religion gets laced into everything. Remember, I was raised Catholic & the Collies claim to be devout Catholics. On the day after Thanksgiving this year, My ex then for the 1st time in our 5 years of marriage blamed ME for his dad putting the moves on me years ago & also for the 1st time ever called me a Succubus. My ex had NEVER used that word before & it is most recognized by, you guessed it...Catholics.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

I have been seeing the Collies for over 6 years and I have seen tremendous improvement within my social, work, and personal realms. They listen to and fully analyze the client's concerns, administer appropriate testing as necessary, and help guide you where you desire to be in life....spiritually and, as needed, medicinally. They also look at alternative (natural) options. I have suffered the affliction of ADD, OCD, as well as general anxiety most of the 45 years of my life. These past six years I have been able to conquer most of the obstacles of these disorders, thanks to Dr William and Sarah Collie!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr Collie has a prescription for everything. He hides behind his faith, but don't be fooled. He almost killed my son by prescribing an anti-depressant known for causing seizures to a child with epilepsy. Testosterone to my older son without doing a single blood test to check testosterone. Sleep Meds. Stimulants for ADHD, Anti-Depressants....I don't know how this man can sleep at night. All of the children he's treated at 2yrs old w/ stimulants knowing the drugs he's been prescribing haven't been around long enough to for Dr's to really know the harm they may be causing. Dr Collie appears to be a very sweet man. After what happened with my children, talking with local Pharmacists that see all the scripts he writes to young children, and other Dr's opinions on my children, I have no reason to believe this man should be able to practice medicine. I am very thankful my child is alive after seeing Dr Collie. I'm no Dr but when other Dr.'s in his field and Pharmacists question this guys practices, combined with almost losing at child at his hands, that's should tell you something. IF YOU DO SEE DR. OR ESPECIALLY YOUR CHILDREN, GET ANOTHER OPION AND BE SURE OTHER DR.S IN HIS FIELD AGREE WITH MEDICATIONS, DOSAGES, AND TREATMENT. -GOD BLESS

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Thank God for Dr Collie and his wife Sarah. They saved my son's life by getting him on the correct meds he needed to be on. They have continued to counsel him monthly, and this has kept and open door of communication and accountability for my son to share concerns as well as be monitored so they could see that his meds remained working in him.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Dr. Collie has COST me 12 years of my life. His practice is NOTORIOUSLY unethical. His license should be REVOKED INDEFINITELY! PLEASE do NOT seek treatment from Dr. William Collie!!! Check his records. You have that right!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

Rude staff; overprescribed meds; billed $185.00 for 10 minute session; never on time for appointments; allowed his children to intereupt sessions and sit in on sessions; a huge waste of time, money and two years of my life!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2006

Quack! Never could diagnose me properly. Put me in the hospital because of HIS mistake in prescrbing medidcations. Cost me my job. He was a pediatrician trying to be a paychiatrist. His staff was rude and had no compassion. I see he is no longer in practice in Little Rock. Good.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2006

Dr. William R. Collie's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1974)

MSP/BC Med