Ratings for Dr. Melissa N. Grabau

It's been over a year since I last worked with Dr. Grabau. If you have a presenting problem that you are having a hard time working through, I highly recommend her. I still reflect back on her advice and how she helped me cope with stuff that caused me distress. She helped me work through some tough experiences and overcome my divorce. I found her insightful, empathetic, trusting, helpful and very encouraging. I credit her with how healthy I feel today.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

I did not find her helpful at all and spent many hours and hundreds of dollars to find that out. She's a nice woman. I just think she'd make a better life coach than psychologist.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Melissa is a very good therapist. I have gotten great help from her for 3 years. She is a skilled therapist and is a very competent psychologist.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Melissa is the greatest therapist I ever went to! With one session you feel better all ready. If you need a therapist see Melissa.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Melissa is very inexperienced in her field. She has many personal issues that entered into the therapy room and she was not far enough in her own therapy process to deal with them properly. She is the nightmare therapist that thinks EVERYTHING is caused by childhood abuse that you just aren't aware of yet. She gave me some pretty hefty labels (diagnosis) that have never been backed up by any other doctor, before or after her treatment. She appears at the surface to be very kind and quiet, but as I went along I found her to be terribly controlling and clearly not trustworthy. I am still in therapy trying to overcome the mess she left me in, and when I tell other therapists of what I endured in her care, they are shocked. If you have any sort of serious mental health issues, find someone more experienced. I believe she means well, but the title "Dr" in her hands is about as safe as a box of matches in a child's hands. Don't let her burn you too.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2012

Best therapist I have been to. She is wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

I think Melissa is fantastic. She uses an approach which allows you to accept life, change life, and deeply grow from life's experiences.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011