Ratings for Dr. John M. Erickson

I am amazed at such positive ratings for Dr. Erickson. I wish to be as kind as possible, but, in all honesty, I found Dr. Erickson to be extremely uninformed for treating a broken wrist bone with tendon and ligament damage. I saw Dr. Erickson three times, as I recall. The first session lasted no more than five minutes to get acquainted and to assess this complex injury; four minutes for the second session; three minutes for the last session. I got the impression that time and money was of primary concern; my injury was secondary. Finally, I will be most interested in a follow up to this site to see if my negative review is posted along with the many positive reviews for Dr. Erickson.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Erickson fixed my son's finger (by straightening and placing two pins in his right hand ring finger) after it had been twisted and fractured. The fracture healed perfectly with great directions along the way. My son who is an extremely gifted piano player is now 100% well with great mobility. Dr. Erickson is the best!!! Especially if you want your to ensure your finger is fixed right.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I fell and broke my wrist and Dr. Erickson returned my phone call on a Sunday! Extremely professional, compassionate, and understanding.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Dr ERICKSON, His staff and the facility where top notch. Friendly, punctual and knowledgable. Dr Erickson has performed a carpel tunnel release on my right hand in 2012 and my left 2014. In each case, I have had positive experiences and results.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Erickson and all of the staff were excellent. They were professional and focused on providing the appropriate treatment. I made an excellent recovery and my wrist is as good as new. I appreciated that they didn't immediately rush to surgery.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

Dr. Erickson is a jewel! I broke my wrist on a Sunday and saw my usual orthopedic surgeon the following Monday. I was referred to Dr. Erickson by my surgeon due to Dr. Erickson's expertise in hand and wrist surgery (per my surgeon). Wow! Dr. Erickson evaluated my wrist and explained all of my options clearly and gently. He encouraged my questions and gave understandable and complete answers. I am currently 7 weeks postop and will be returning to work next week, continuing physical therapy for another 6 weeks. I was so frightened and in so much pain, but Dr. Erickson and his staff were patient, incredibly kind and gentle with me. I am on the road to recovery and have NO PAIN (it's uncomfortable at times, I admit). There is no substitute for expertise, leadership in one's field, kindness and empathy. I will recommend Dr. Erickson to everyone I meet who has issues with their hands or arms. Thanks Dr. Erickson!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

We were very happy with the doctor and staff and the therapists. Barely any wait time for appointments and hand therapy appointments. Doctor spent plenty of time with patient and answered all questions and provided good advice and insight into issue.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Dr. John Erickson is everything that a patient would envision a physician to be. He takes his time to listen to the patients complaints and he also makes sure that the patient understands their condition. Dr. Erickson is very professional as well as empathetic to the needs of his patients. As a patient this makes a difference in the quality of care and level of trust that one is willing to put into their physician. I highly recommend Dr. Erickson to any patient that has orthopedic needs. He gave me my hope back and he is one of the best physicians that I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Dr. John M. Erickson's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2004)

HealthPartners