Ratings for Dr. Philip E. Memoli

I was visiting NJ to see my brother and had dental emergency. My brother recommended Dr. Memoli. My husband called him and explained the situation. They immediately set up my appointment. When I went there staff was very nice and Dr Memoli was very patience. He checked and told me I chipped my tooth. He performed the procedure and my tooth looks and feels great now. No pain at all. The fee was very reasonable, not that mattered in an emergency, but still.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

This is the first review I have ever written about a doctor, as no other doc has ever inspired me to sit down and write ... But my experience with Dr Memoli has prompted me to share my thoughts ....... Dr Memoli is everything you could ask for in a doctor and more - he goes above and beyond for his patients and is truly caring about their health and how they feel ... My experience has been fantastic, as Dr Memoli seems to be a perfectionist ( as I am ) and really made sure everything was perfect for me ... And if I may relate this - as I was sitting in the chair, as call came in from a person who had a dental emergency - Dr Memoli excused himself, and I could hear him speaking with the person - apparently a referral from out of state who could not be seen by anyone else ... Dr M gave them directions and told them he would stay after closing and wait for them ... He came back in to finish with me, and I was very impressed because what he was doing for the other person seemed like something he did all the time ... Dr Memoli is a first rate doctor and human being, and I highly recommend him ...

Submitted July 5, 2015

My girlfriend went to Dr. Memoli because of his "holistic" approach to dentistry. Small, clean office and he seemed friendly enough although in my opinion a bit odd. My girlfriend had told him that she suffered from heavy metal poisoning and when he came out to the waiting room to meet me the first thing he said was "so you're the one who poisoned her". Pretty inappropriate especially since he just met me and I'm paying his bill (he doesn't take insurance). Also, my girlfriend told me that he often talked about his wife's medical condition in such a way that it seemed as if he was complaining about her and what an annoyance it was. Why is he bringing up his wife's medical condition to his patients? He should be supportive of someone who is ill, not annoyed. So yeah, he seemed a bit odd. At one visit, when paying his bill, he told us that he patched a tooth for free which had previously been scratched by another dentist. This was not noted on the invoice he provided. Seemed nice of him, however for several months after that, my girlfriend was suffering from headaches. She realized that it seemed to be originating with the tooth that he patched. The headaches became so bad that she called him and he was nice enough to open up his office on the weekend. As I sat in the waiting room, she was trying to tell him what she thought was going on but I could hear them arguing about which tooth he previously worked on. Apparently he had his notes but never took x-rays before working on it. I went to the examination room thinking why is he, a professional, arguing with someone who is in pain and suffering? Shouldn't he be listening to what she is trying to explain, re-assure her and then find out what is going on? Instead he is arguing over which tooth he worked on saying "what does that have to do with the price of tea in China". Really, he is saying that to someone who is in pain? Turns out after taking an x-ray that there was a brewing problem with the tooth with nerve starting to go. He opened up the tooth, gave her an ozone shot and told her that if it still bothered her to book an appointment during the week and that a root canal may need to be scheduled. As if arguing about the tooth wasn't bad enough, he also asked how her ovaries were because in eastern medicine that tooth is connected to the ovaries. As a female, I think she would know if she was having ovary issues. As someone listening in on all this back and forth, I couldn't help think how absurd and unprofessional this was. Fast forward a few days, my girlfriend goes to her doctor and is told that she has a raging infection in her mouth, needed to see a dentist on an emergency basis (which cost us several thousand) and by the end of the week was hospitalized for 2 days. In my opinion, I find it hard to believe that the infection wasn't there when we saw Dr. Memoli and maybe if he had listened to what she was trying to explain to him rather than arguing with her, the infection may have been caught sooner or avoided altogether.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

The most fake comments going on here about this QUACK dentist.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

He is absolutely lovely! I have little kids who are also patients and he is very good with them despite having an office geared more towards adults. I feel like I'm always yelling at them when we are there to behave because some of the older patients aren't so friendly. No, I take that back. They are mean. Cranky and mean. The office is quite small so it is difficult to watch your child in the chair and keep your other child occupied so you end up splitting up and possibly missing an opportunity to learn something while your child is having their teeth examined. That being said Dr. Memoli himself is FANTASTIC! I adore him and his approach and fully trusted him with my kids. So much so that I purchased a $395 mouth guard for my son to create space in his mouth for his new teeth. Within two days the dog chewed it up. Found the same exact mouth guard on Amazon brand new for $80. That was a little annoying but nonetheless I truly appreciate the fresh perspective and holistic approach. His front desk staff leaves a lot to be desired. One person in particular is VERY prickly. Acts as if she is doing you favor anytime she books an appointment or does assists you. Unpleasant at times and very rude when things don't go her way. When I'm shelling out hundreds of dollars to a dentist (because they don't take insurance) I would expect at least a little customer service not an anxiety disorder about having to deal with her. There doesn't seem to be any loyalty to the patient. But since they have a booked schedule constantly I guess that doesn't matter. Great doc, though.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Our family has been going to Dr. Philip Memoli for more than 5 years and think he is the ideal dentist. He is very knowledgeable about safe holistic (non-toxic) dental procedures, as well as recommends natural ways to prevent tooth/gum decay. He is gentle and caring, too, as is his staff. We highly recommend his practice!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

I don't agree with the first review. He is a nice person and has skills but he cares more about the holistic side of his practice than basic dental care that prevents infection and decay.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

The best Dentist that I have ever met in my life, knowledgeable, kind, caring, and attractive too.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011