Ratings for Dr. Christopher McGowan

The doctor was very nice and friendly and answer it like every question.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2019

very understanding and approachable, proactive and great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2019

Everyone who I interacted with were very kind and made me feel at ease before, during and after my procedure.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

My visit was quick and painless with everything explained exceptionally well. Very happy with the experience despite expectations to the contrary!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2019

everyone extremely nice and comforting. Very thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

very good! Dr McGowan was attentive and helpful. Wait time was not long.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

I thought everything went very smooth with my colonoscopy. From start (scheduling, instructions, etc) to finish, I thought it was a pretty straight forward and organized process. Dr. McGowan (who probably sees hundreds of patients all the time) actually remembered me from my endoscopy last year which I thought was pretty great! Having had a good first experience, I decided to trust him with my screening colonoscopy as well. He is friendly, patient, and explains things thoroughly. I felt in very good hands.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2019

Improvement opportunity: 1. I was required to arrive at 0700 for a 0900 appointment but wasn't checked in until 0730... so other than arriving at 0700 to write my name on a list, absolutely nothing happened until 30 minutes later. So why exactly did I need to arrive at 0700 and not 07:30. Please strongly consider the time needs of the doctor, office, and patient. 2. This is certainly not criticism to my nurse. She was kind, pleasant, and helpful. Overall, I think she did a great job! Unfortunately, I had to get (2) IV's and the second one was touch--go, so it almost became three. So it made me wonder about metrics: Do you have a metric for 1x, 2x, etc. IV success rates. Are the most successful IV stickers performing all of the IV's. Do you even know who the most successful nurses are with IV's. The great: 1. Everything else! Professional, efficient, everything ran like a Swiss timepiece. 2. The prep instructions were spot on and feel that the fasting timeline was effective as possible without starvation! 3. Once into the 'staging area', the pre-surgical prep and rotation of beds is highly efficient. The details are covered, even the locker key being hung on the IV.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

Excellent process all the way around. Colonoscopy is not fun, but Dr. McGowan and his group made it as easy and comfortable as it could be. The staff at the endoscopy center were first-rate and very friendly and caring, and Dr. McGowan was patient in answering my questions.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2019

I had submitted all of my medical info (especially meds I am using) online. But the nurse in the surgical unit had nothing and we had to do it all over again there.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

Dr. Christopher McGowan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2006)

Coresource