Dr. Scott R. Johnson

Ratings for Dr. Scott R. Johnson

After many mo of struggling w/a tooth, was decided to extract. After visiting an endo on Feb6, I recvd a call fr staff @Dr.Johnsons ofc: "the tooth would need to be extracted and wasn't sure if Dr.Johnson could do it but would let me know". I nvr heard back. On Feb 11 I call. Spoke with a pleasant, older lady. Told her I needed to see if Dr.could extract my tooth. She said she would find out and call me back. She retd my call promptly and said Dr J could do it but it couldn't get me in until Mar19. She said she would call me if any cancels. Appt was set and confirmed for Mar 19 at 11:00 am. I show up Mar 19 and am told that I'm not on the schedule.WHAT? Keep in mind it has been over a month since I've seen the endo. then,I find out that Dr.Johnson can't do the extract. Why did he say he could? why am I not on the schedule? why didn't someone call me back to begin with to tell me dr couldn't do it? The dr NEVER came in to see me. So Disappointed. One positive..Joel is awesome!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I agree. I was told to go to a pharmacy and fill a broken tooth myself until they could get me in after the first of the year. I told them I was in pain and they said NOTHING!!!!! Their staff is rude and the hygenist I got made me feel as if she was going to break my teeth she was so rough during a cleaning, my teeth were sore for days!! They also do not give estimates so you are expected to pay not knowing exactly what you owe going in or really having much of an idea at all. I waited months for an appointment and my father had a stroke so I had to reschedule and they acted like I had insulted them and that they were more important than my father they were so rude and insensitive!! Also, I went to another dentist after going to them and that dentist found cavities that they did not this could have caused problems down the road! Scary!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Dr. Johnson is a pleasant, professional person. However, he is in a practice that has outgrown the limited staff of dentists. As a result, it is difficult to get timely appointments if you have an emergency or if you need to change an appointment. It took me four days to be seen after calling with an emergency. On two occasions (like a snow storm), it took me more than two months to be seen due to a conflict and needing to reschedule.There are 3 employees there who are rude and arrogant. Some of the hygientists spend a lot of time discussing personal matters rather than getting the job done and helping the patient out quickly. The lack of professionalism of a few overshadows the other staff who try hard to do be welcoming and supportive to the patients. Dr. Johnson and the senior partner need to work to improve the climate that is being created by the staff and to add more dentists.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011