Dr. Charan Gowda

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Charan Gowda

I had to go the ER for a wrist injury, Dr Gowda treated me right away. Went to see him in his office for a follow up. He is a Knowledgeable doctor who spends sufficient time with his patients. I would definitely see dr Gowda again.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Gowda is a very good doctor. He is very warm felt and understanding when answering all my questions. I wouldn't hesitate to see him again.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I had been experiencing numbness and tingling in my right hand for a very long time. After driving by their building I decided to call and try to make a appointment. I had seen my family doctor who recommend a over the counter brace (not very helpful). I ended up coming in the same week as I called. Dr. Gowda examined me and thought I would benefit from getting a EMG test before determining surgery vs. consecutive treatment. His staff was very prompt and helped set that up for me. After the test I came back and we decided on surgery. I got in to surgery that very next week (must I add, it's in the same building!) I also got a call from Dr. Gowda the next day to follow up. Overall I will recommend Dr. Gowda to family and friends!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

One of our good friends referred Dr Gowda to have my hand pain looked at. They had prior good experience with him. He was very warm and spent sufficient time at my appointment. I am very satisfied with the treatment and would definitely recommend him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

He is a very skilled surgeon and has a great bedside manner. His office staff was very helpful too. I was able to get added on the surgery schedule quickly and he did a great job on my hand. Overall a great experience! I would recommend Dr. Gowda for anyone with a hand or arm injury.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

When I had my hand injury with the table saw, I was lucky to be transferred to Riverside. Dr. Gowda took care of my hand. It was emergency and they were the only doctors capable and willing to do the surgery, and I'm lucky to have my hand working again.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

Worst experience ever.. he was only worried about the money and how he was going to get paid if my insurance wouldn't cover everything. I came in with a splint and left with an open wound because he would not even cover it for me. I had a tendon completely severed and now i am walking around with a cheap ACE bandage all while just trying to find someone to perform my surgery.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Waited over 2 hours. Told he had studied but never performed the surgery. Would not return.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Dr. Charan Gowda's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Charan Gowda is an orthopedic surgeon in Columbus, Ohio, specializing in hand and microsurgery.Dr. Gowda’s practice encompasses treatment of all bone and soft tissue disorders in the hand, wrist, and elbow. While he actively works with patients to find non-surgical solutions to their condition, he is expertly trained in all surgical procedures of the hand and upper extremity. He provides access to the latest and most minimally invasive surgical techniques available. Dr. Gowda attended the Duke University School of Medicine, served his medical internship at Duke University, and performed his residency at the Ohio State University Medical Center in Orthopedics. He received his fellowship training in Hand Surgery at The Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center.

• English
  • Kannada

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)
  • Ohio State University (Grad. 2009)

• Brachial plexus injury