Ratings for Dr. Steven G. Messing

Only did a prelim evaluation and then picked another surgeon. Reviews seem to indicate that he is good; however I encountered so much nonsense that I picked another provider. Dr Messing told me that I grind my teeth (I don't. A dentist did some grinding to adjust my bite. No other dental provider has ever said this to me.) He told me to throw away my expensive Rotadent tooth brush and buy the sonic one that HE sells (and this should be done EVERY year, not just the brush part)! He had his assistant do some scraping to try to resolve a problem and this was of no effect (my new surgeon fixed it!) Finally, I didn't appreciate his controversial attitude. Perhaps he’s good, but I didn’t want to deal with him. (Check Yelp, Healthgrades, Birdeye for other reviews.)

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

Dr. Messing is great!!!! He gives the very best care.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Messing is a very good doctor. He follows a comprehensive approach and is knowledgeable. He can be a bit "preachy" sometimes, but I think he is passionate about his work. The office staff and assistant are oftentimes rude.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Expensive and demends cash, not insurance. He does a great job explaining his procedures.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

I heard he has a good reputation, but found him to be patronizing.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010