Ratings for Dr. Allen M. Manison

There are two doctors now in the office and I saw the new one as Dr. Manison was booked. Needless to say, Dr. Surprenant is excellent. She has a background as a massage therapist, meaning, she has great hands with her soft tissue work. She is knowledgeable and helped me a lot with my neck and shoulder problem. I am taking the supplements she recommended and I have seen a major boost in my energy levels. I also think I am recovering faster from my tennis games. Thank you Dr. Surprenant for your excellent care and attention to my condition.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I have been numerous places for a foot and ankle condition and nothing worked. Dr. Manison seemed to know more about my condition than other specialists.. He got me better quickly and I'm very impressed and grateful.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Completely agree with the comments regarding Manison's time being more valuable than anyone else's. Regularly taken 15-45 minutes late. He is knowledgeable, but also arrogant, and never resolved my original problem. Also, numerous billing issues which could be the staff's fault or the his inability to retain quality staff due to the issues above.

Submitted January 30, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Manison from both my internist and another chiropractor. There are chiropractors and then there are sports chiropractors. Dr. Manison apparently specializes in techniques that no other chiropractors in the area perform. He is confident in his ability and he was able to correctly diagnose my condition almost immediately. I have seen several other specialists for my knee condition and Dr. Manison figured out what it was when all the others were unable. As far as the treatment goes, he implements techniques that really work. He said he created some and showed me a chapter in a book that he had actually written. That was very cool. The bottom line is that Dr. Manison solved my issue and gave me quality exercises (not the generic ones I got everywhere else) that helped me maintain the treatments. It's now about 2 months since my last treatment and I'm going strong. My triathlon times are better than ever. Impressive!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

I've been to other chiropractors and PTs and none can do what Dr. M can. He is well-versed in about every technique. I really enjoyed getting the dry needling done as it helped my calf injury that nothing else was able to touch. I have a disc problem in my low back that is no longer a concern. He really helped me with this. In my experience, most chiropractors are limited in their ability to deal with soft tissue problems and rehabilitation. Dr. M has far more training than anyone else in the area. I am really grateful to my buddy who recommended Dr. M to me.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

The doctors worked at a big CrossFit competition a week ago (Mid Atlantic CrossFit Affiliate Challenge...end of April) and they were there for chunks of both days. I waited to get treated as they were working hard and putting on some mad RockTape! My low back was really bugging me from Saturday morning's workout and Dr. M really handled my situation well. He then taped my back so I could keep competing. These guys are awesome and they really know what they are doing. They're not your run of the mill chiropractors, for sure. These guys are sports specialists!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I have been to other chiropractors who have staff members that do a lot of therapies. Dr. M does everything himself and spends a lot of time explaining what he is doing and why. I really like the time he spends with me. He is really science-based and obviously enjoys his work. I appreciated the fact that he followed through with writing a report so that my primary doctor would write a referral for a Mri. Apparently, my insurance doesn't allow a chiropractor to refer for one. Anyway, once we got the results, he started my care plan and I started getting relief rather quickly. Dr. M really knows his stuff and he prides himself on getting you better quickly so that you can get back to your activities.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I have been going once or twice a week for sometime and although I feel some benefit after most appointments, I am not sure if there is any long term cumulative benefit. I am not sure if he has a real understanding of my condition either. The appointments are short and there is not much time to address my concerns. The 1st appt. was long and I thought this is a caring and competent dr. But subsequent appts. feel like an assembly line. The reception area had chairs with broken down cushions that will really aggravate any discomfort or pain you are feeling. Plus the plants are neglected and the fish tank is filthy with dead fish at the bottom. The receptionist lacks people skill. Not a welcoming environment.

Submitted March 31, 2013

Dr. Manison was recommended to me by my PCP for a disc problem in my neck. I had tried physical therapy for 3 months and it only gave me limited results. Dr. Manison used the Cox technique and it really helped. I have been mostly pain free now for several months and I am very grateful for his great care and explanation of my problem.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

Dr. Manison has an abundance of knowledge about most any injury I come in with. I have been a patient for various conditions over the years and he's always been able to help. Deb, the office manager, is great and helps with my insurance concerns. I recently saw the new doctor in the office, Dr. Vanina, and he has great skills too. I really recommend this office. Someone here also mentioned the dog and I am a dog owner so I'm a little biased. The dog never comes out into the patient area as he stays with the staff only. This is a great practice for sports injuries. These doctors are very highly trained.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012