Ratings for Dr. William R. Taylor

This is a dishonest doctor. I met with him for an honest 2nd opinion, which I didn't get. Worker's comp got to him before I did. I wasn't even in his office for 2-minutes and he said I didn't need neck surgery. He wouldn't let me talk. I barely explained that both of my arms and right leg have pain and tingling. He said it has nothing to do with my neck. I showed him my MRI's, which clearly show much spinal cord compression at C5-C6. He said it wasn't the problem. I asked what was causing the problem? He said he didn't know, but he knew it wasn't my neck. He was in a hurry to finish the appointment. Taylor didn't take the time to explain anything to me. He made me feel like garbage. He didn't even try to set up more tests. It was so obvious that he couldn't have cared less. OWCP influenced his decision. It is sad that many doctors fall into the politics of the labor department instead of caring medically about the patient. Taylor is a bad apple. He is biased toward worker's comp.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Outstanding physician in every respect. He has a special interest and expertise in helping patients with Scoliosis. Excellent bedside manner; made me feel very comfortable with him quickly, being friendly and approachable while still professional. He is extremely knowledgeable and thorough, is aware of & has performed cutting-edge procedures with excellent results. I have seen this doctor several times & had 2 extensive spine surgeries by him 3 yrs ago, and am completely satisfied with results. There were no complications. This doctor "gave me my life back"! None of the other doctors I consulted felt they could help me through surgery, but this doc said he definitely COULD help me, and he DID so in a dramatic way. Due to his outstanding results, he has been written up in the local publication, “San Diego Magazine”, as well as at least one other local news article. I absolutely could not recommend a doctor more highly. Dr. William R. Taylor is the best & is AWESOME!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

Dr. William R. Taylor's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)