Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Ercius

I experienced nothing like others have described.. Dr. Ercius was calm, kind, patient, and comforting. My surgery is scheduled and I'll post another update afterwards. So far, this surgeon comes highly recommended by at least two other doctors I've seen. I suggest shopping for the best surgeon.. disregard negative comments about bedside manner!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Wort experience that I have ever had in a Doctor's office! To say the man has no bedside manner is putting it lightly. I would never let someone like that operate on me no matter how good they are! I left the office in tears based on how I was treated. He is the epitome of everything NOT to do!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Do not use this doctor. I am in my 50's and have seen many doctors in my life and this one has the worst bedside manner and to boot, he has an attitude. He cares more if he is liked than the patient. He does not communicate well. If you ask a question,he will be annoyed that he has to answer. He might be a good surgeon, but I wouldnt let him operate on me and hope no one. He told me that yesterday a patient came in and was so angry with him and threatened to kill him. To tell me that was unprofessional. I will be using the Mayo Clinic instead. Please,please go to another doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

I had a pituitary tumor resection. Dr. Ercius did an excellent job. After 3 months of surgery, I had my first MRI and no trace of the tumor or any type of hormonal disfunction. No post operatory complications. No more headaches after two or three months. He answered all my concerns before and after the surgery. I liked very much that he explained me the most relevant information of the surgery beforehand. Very knowledgeable professional.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2007

Did surgury on my back and did a good job. Had to wait months for an appointment even with 2 herniated discs already on MRI. Each office visit was at least an hour sitting in the waiting room. Typical surgeon with no bedside manner but a very skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Dr. Mark S. Ercius's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1979)