Ratings for Dr. Arthur W. Menken

I feel these comments are rating character rather than professionalism, he was a super nice guy, horrible ENT. I've seen Dr. Menken twice. The second time was for ear pain that had been steadily getting worse for over a month. He took a 5 second look in my ear with an otoscope, gave me a hearing test, looked at my teeth and said it was TMJ or impacted wisdom teeth because an infection couldn't last that long if I had taken anti-biotics. I almost had had my wisdom teeth taken out after waiting a week for the appointment in agony, only to have the oral surgeon tell me, my impacted teeth wouldn't cause me to lose hearing. After this I went to see a another ENT for a second opinion after the discharge from my ear got really bad. Turns out I have a ruptured eardrum caused by a worsening middle ear infection! -- Avoid Menken, he utterly failed me as a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

Dr. Menken was fantastic with my teenaged daughter. She has had recurrent sinus infections since her surgery with another Doctor who retired but he always made the time no matter what to see and help her. His staff is also kind and friendly and always had a answer for her condition.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

I TOOK MY CHILD TO SEE DR.MENKEN WHEN SHE WAS 2 YEARS OLD BECAUSE OF ALWAYS HAVING EAR INFECTIONS.I SOON AS HE WALKED IN THE DOOR AND WENT RIGHT TO MY CHILD TO PLAY AND TALK TO HER I KNEW HE WAS A GREAT DOCTOR.HE PUT TUBES IN MY DAUGHTERS EARS AT 2 AND HAD TO REMOVE THEM AGAIN AT 4 BECAUSE THE WERE INPACTED IN WAX AND WAS CAUSING A HEARING PROBLEM.MY CHILD LOVES HIM ,SHE WAS SAD WHEN HER EAR PROBLEMS WERE ALL GONE.HES A GREAT PERSON AND DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

I WENT TO THREE DOCTORS AS AN ADULT FOR EAR PAIN, I HAVE HAD TUBES AND THE DOCTORS THEMSELVES CAUSED PAIN. FINALLY I HAD THE FORTURE OF MEETING WITH DR. MENKEN AND NO LONGER HAD ANY PAIN, THAT WAS 8 YEARS AGO. SINCE HE HAS SEEN MY DAUGHTER AND HELPED HER. HE IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL WITH CHILDREN AND IS A COMPASIONATE HUMAN BEING. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2006

Dr. Arthur W. Menken's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1969)

• Blue Cross Of California