Ratings for Dr. Ruby Alvi

Dr Alvi is an incredibly compassionate, smart, and caring doctor. My family and I have been under her care for several years and very appreciative. She is such a great advocate and counsellor for our family!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Dr. Alvi is a wonderful doctor. She is friendly and truly concerned about my over all health. She is open minded and never makes you feel rushed during an appointment. Dr. Alvi will even take time out of her own personal time to call me directly and checkup on how I'm doing outside of scheduled appointments. The wait time at the office is good but getting an appointment with her at can sometimes be challenging. However, there is always the option of seeing her partner, Dr. Everson who is also a wonderful, sympathetic doctor. The receptionist there needs a little training on how to be professional and friendly.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I've been seeing Dr Alvi for over 3 years now. She is very helpful, very insightful, and very attentive. Her team is excellent. I have full trust in her clinic.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Compassionate and very competent doctor. She has a great personality and gets it. My family and I trust her 110%. Great new office!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

The new location is much better than before, however the standard of the reception is just as bad (I stood for at least 3 or 4 minutes at the desk while staff were present (not even on the phone) and was not acknowledged. Unfortunately there are some time/availability issues as Dr. Alvi works limited hours and teaches but her service to me over the past 6 years has been exemplary. I have a rare condition and she is always very pro-active and attentive to my medical needs. She is direct, honest and open to all questions. I am grateful that she is my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr. Alvi seems competent to me. She takes time to explain my diagnosis and usually does this in a frank and yet sincere manner. I find her approach friendly while still maintaining professionalism. Part of the issue that I think some of you are incurring is due to her desire to teach and therefore her practice has staff that are learning. Also, student Dotors and nurses may test her patience and this may be why some may find her a bit short or rushed. Overall she is usually friendly and interested in mine and my family medical concerns. The only change she should make is to the receptionist as she is abrasive to deal with and I would agree with most of your assesment of the the recieptionist.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

This doctors office is run by rude receptionists.. the wait time is disgusting and I've been misdiagnosed several times. Find a new doctor if possible.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

I find Dr. Alvi to be very friendly and truly concerned about my over all health. She is extremely open minded and I don't feel rushed when in with her. The wait time is good but getting an apponitment with her at times is hard due to the fact that her hours are limited and actually getting someone on the phone to book it is even more difficult!! The staff is VERY unprofressional, unfriendly and inconsiderate!!!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

Overall Dr. Alvi is helpful and answers my questions throughtly. I feel confident that she will refer me if further diagnosis is required. She is rushed at appointments but I feel many Dr's rush appointments.She is also my child's Dr. and I feel she really cares about children alot.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2009

Staff very hard to get a hold of. Same with doctor. You can't leave staff a message to ask the doctor. Doctor itself doesn't really examine you physically. Quick to get you out. Condescending in matter of your illness.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009