Ratings for Dr. Gary A. Vickers

I have been going to him for a few years now. He took over the practice from my previous doctor who I loved but he has been pretty good. His staff on the other hand seems to make a lot of mistakes, like missing prescription refills or changing your prescription provider. But no one has the perfect place, so he is a good doctor and that is what is important to me.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I didnt enjoy my experiences thus far as I find that my needs werent adequately met.I have had trouble involving time sensitive questions as well as received poor referrals that were inane.my initial visit wasnt at all comparable however when i'd attempted to establish at st. clair,I was displeased.I didnt find that it was the same consistently stellar care that I'd initially appreciated.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I like a doctor who is not going to talk down to me like I don't know what I'm talking about. I want someone who will listen to my concerns and discuss my options. He is his way or the highway. I am changing doctors as he is not interested in patients who want a say so in the way they are treated. He also bad mouthed the VA in front of me and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the VA. The staff is okay, but there is a lot of turnover and that always makes me nervous.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Vickers is a great doctor. He is now located at SSM Health St. Clare in Fenton and is accepting new patients. Dr. Vickers became my new PCP when I started working for SSM. Dr. Vickers takes his time and goes over all of my concerns and always answers my questions. Dr. Vickers is a great doctor and several of my family members see him as well. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Questions I had about my medications were not answered in my e-mail to this doctor. 7 days later I still didn't have any answers. When he finally e-mailed me he still didn't answer my questions. I emailed back asking for specific answers he finally called me but not to answer my questions. He was angry because I called him out for addressing me as a her in his e-mail to me. (I am not). I was told that wouldn't fly with him. When I asked why my questions weren't answered I was told because he didn't want to. Does this sound like the kind of answer you want from a doctor you put your trust in? He seemed more concerned about his ego than his patient.

Submitted June 23, 2015

I've gone to him for about a year and don't care for his mannerisms. His staff is not very friendly and I have found inaccuracies on my chart. When I brought these inaccuracies to his attention, he more or less just dismissed the conversation. So far he has not helped me with any of my medical issues.

Submitted January 7, 2015

What a horrible office run by some very incompetent people. They are rude, think nothing of yelling at a patient, and have no understanding of HIPAA laws and requirements. Certainly would not recommend this practice to anyone. You can find much better and more capable staff and doctors elsewhere. If there were a way to rate this practice as a zero that would be too high.

Submitted April 18, 2014

I found him and he works exclusively as a hospital doctor and does not take appointments.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Still looking for Dr. Vickers. Great Dr. Hoping to get him as my primary doctor again.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

I need to find Dr Vickers. I've heard that he is at a hospital in St Charles County. If anyone knows which one, please post it.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Dr. Gary A. Vickers's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Commercial Insurance Company