Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Paulen

Dr. And his Staff were great I had a very good experience here they are very personal and professional and I would recommend them !!!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

I just move to northville and had to have a eye exam done and Dr Paulen was in my network i call that day to set up an appointment he was booked up but i was able to get a appointment 1 week later went in for the exam and what a pleasant experience his staff member was very knowledgeable about the well vision exam.he ask me several questions about my medical history blood pressure and quite a bit of stuff i was very impressed then i found out later that he works several offices and also works the hospital as well what a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I wouldn't take my dawg to see dr. paulen. Never again.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

My husband loved Dr Paulen. So my daughter and thought we we would give him try. My husband and I went for both eyeglass & contact lens prescriptions. Our daughter went for just her eyeglass prescription. He billed our insurance for both eyeglass & contact prescriptions for all three of us. My husband and I ordered our eyeglasses from him. He never explained our coverage to us. Just said our insurance would only cover glasses on a certain rack. So we order our glasses. No problems with them. Just wish he would have explained more about our coverage. We would have gotten better frames for sure. Our daughter wanted to get her glasses with her friend. When we got the glasses back they weren't the right prescription. We went back to Dr Paulen's office. He was suppose to recheck her prescription and her eyes. Instead he took her contact lens prescription I had from another doctor and refigured her eyeglass prescription that way. Never rechecking her eyes. I only showed him the contact lens prescription to let them know that we were only interested in the eyeglass prescription from him. We had already had her eyes check for contact lens. That they made a mistake and asked them to correct it. But they wouldn't. . So now we have to pay for my daughters glasses & contacts twice. We were also told by his office that Dr Paulen would replace my daughters lenses free of charge. But that never happened either. He wasn't very nice to our daughter at all. She's been wearing eye glasses & contacts for quite sometime. She knows how it's done. She's very familar either the experience. He treated her like it was her first time. He wasn't very friendly to her at all. Very disappointed in our experience with him. We will not be back to see him. It's very, very rare I put in a complaint about someone or their business. But I really think people should know about our experience. Dr Paulen nor his office are very professional by any means. I rated him a one star but that's to nice of a rate Dr Paulen and his office deserve a zero rating !!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Paulen for about 20 years and I wouldn't go to anyone else. He takes time with his patients and very comprehensive in his evaluation. He was especially good to my older parent who was difficult to deal with and that was very much appreciated. The office staff is helpful and friendly and the location is great. I would recommend Dr. Paulen for eye care.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Dr. Paulen was recommended to me by my mother when I suddenly got an eye infection over the weekend. His office was about 45 minutes from where I live and, working 8-5 everyday, I thought it would be difficult to get in before any potential damage could happen. I called him anyway and he really expressed genuine concern and offered up any explanation or answers for my questions. He told me to come and see him that same day even though it was already after closing. I got there at about 7:30pm, he was just as courteous and personable in person as he was on the phone. He immediately took care of me and got me a prescription for eyedrops and although it was hard to say what exactly caused my infection, he didn't BS me and offered two possibilities; that means more to me than knowing something I can't change anyway. He didn't even request any payment, I didn't notice until I was halfway home. He also gave me his cell phone number so that I could call him if I had any issues at the Pharmacy

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

Glasses were not delivered as promised. I did receive a refund eventually. My old glasses were poorly serviced. Office was very disorganized. My patient chart was lost several times.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012