Ratings for Dr. Vicki Owczarzak

My daughter was born deaf, she failed 3 new born hearing test and passed 4th one at reston hospital (4th one was false test). We noticed that my daughter is not responding to sounds and approached this doctor. We also gave her hint that she failed 3 new born hearing tests. Initially she recommended adenoidectomy surgery and she told us that my daughter will hear after surgery. My daughter went for adenoidectomy surgery and after that we parents again complained about my daughter not responding to any sounds. Audiologists in her office conducted some tests and decided that she is responding to all sounds (which is totally false). Vicki told us that my daughter has no hearing problem and the issue is related to something else and reported the same thing to my daughter's pediatrician. Finally we went to Dr. Robert Bahadoori and he referred my daughter for an ABR test and the result show that my daughter is having permanent hearing loss and after that she had cochlear implant at childrens hospital DC. Because of her failure to identify the problem, we went through lot of pain, time (8 months) and sleepless nights.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015