Ratings for Dr. Steven T. Margolis

My husband, children (which are now grown adults) and I have been seeing Dr. Margolis for many years. In the last year or so, however, the care has dropped considerably, I would have to say almost to the point of total indifferance and quite honestly neglect. Run-don't walk-and find a different doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr Margolis has been my doctor for aprox 20 yrs. I like and respect him as a doctor and feel very loyal towards him. However the last few years there have been changes in policies may make me want to consider changing Doctors. 1st you have to prepay for your visit before you see the doctor. 2nd your medical chart is now electronic via laptop. This may seem like a great idea but on several occasions my test results and information from specialist did not make it into my chart and the Dr was unable to properly treat me upon return visits. They scan results into your chart but I am concerned about the quality of care if my chart is missing important medical documents. This was not an isolated incident. The last time I went in they still did not have my consult info from 18 months ago in my chart. My hope is that Dr Margolis will have his office manger correct this or hire someone better qualified to correct.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Consistently spoke poorly about HAP (even though I also had Blue Cross) blamed his inability to prescribe medications on insurance. Forced patients to pre-pay their insurance co-pay, and front desk staff were unprofessional in most instances. Patients are not allowed to speak to Dr. via telephone, but are forced to leave a message for the nurse, who would normally respond the next business day; on many instances calls were not returned at all. The doctor is extremely inaccessible; when finally getting an appointment, Dr. Margolis always seems like he does not remember you, your history, or the treatment he has provided. While I find Dr. Margolis knowledgeable and mostly up to date with technologies, he seems uninspired and unmotivated in his role.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

saw him many years ago. when his treatment did not work. He asked me to bring the sample back.He also billed for a physical which was not covered by my insurance because he found something wrong. He should have done an office visit which wiould have been covered since something was wrong.I do not see him any more.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Very impersonal office visits. You sit on the table and tell him what's going on while he's typing everything you say into his computer. On one visit I must have asked him several questions and which point he had the audacity to tell me he had another patient in the other room and he didn't have time for me! Excuse me! And how much do you make per hour from my insurance company and my co-pays. Also, if he refers you to his in-house nutritionist, run! She's clueless. She had no idea why I had an appointment to see her. The doc never briefed her, or my file, as to why I was there. I had to educate her and I had to 'suggest' that maybe she go and get the doctor so he could explain why he wanted me to see her. He's a good conventional/alternative doc, but there are better ones in the area.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Upon asking him: Dr. Margolis has a policy that he will only spend 10 minutes with each patient, per visit (...because that's all the insurance company pays him for). He also has a policy about no patient phone calls or e-mails: you have to make another appointment. Otherwise, he's an average doctor. In his new office, the staffers are rude. The receptionist made fun of me behind my back because I was trying to give her my correct insurance information. The billing department made consistent errors despite being given insurance information multiple times. I stopped going to Dr. Margolis well over a year ago.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2007

I like Dr. Margolis because he listens and does not comment before he diagnosis you and he is very thorough. Also, he uses alternative medicine and does not stick with conventional methods.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2007

Excellent holistic approach. Openly shares information and discusses options for treatment. Doesn't push natural or pharmaceutical remedies. Highly recommended. Only caution: have experienced some glitches with office staff.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Intelligent, makes a lot of money marketing vitamins--several supps. required per day and very costly vitamins.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2006

Not a pushy doctor. Very knowledgable with natural remedies, supplements.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2006

Dr. Steven T. Margolis's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

GHI