Ratings for Dr. Shelley L. Williams

Do not waste your time at this practice. If you have an appointment to be seen, be prepared to wait past your appointment time to be seen, WHILE at least half the staff blatantly sits in the office seemingly doing nothing. I have had to call many times to get test results back on a couple of occasions. They are closed on Friday. The whole office takes at least an hour and a half lunch break every day. They're just not helpful, and I feel that I am more knowledgable about symptoms and treatments than they are. Need to find a new PCP ASAP!!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

It is true, she does not seem to like to see patients herself. Unless you ask you will get an assistant. The pharmacy stuff....yeah she seems to be lacking in that department for sure! She never responds to the pharmacy, and claims she sends stuff to the pharmacy , but yet they never get it...seems like that happens way too often! As for her staff, one of the girls seems like she came out of the slumbs...shes nasty, rude, not helpful, and is obviously therw for a job and does not care for the patients. Took my Daurghter there and the woman (hispanic I think), all she did was talk to friends and chewed gum while cracking it in my face the whole time I was at the counter. God, How rude can you get? I cant even imagine if that is legal or not with sick people around and she is popping her gum in your face. Now that is as unprofessional as it comes!!!! I cant even understand why the doctor would have her as an employee. She needs customer service and to have staff that will be curtious.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

TERRIBLE. STAY AWAY!!! visited 4 times. Still have yet to see the doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

The worst experience ever. The doctor didn't even see me and let her assistant diagnose me. i heard their conversation outside of my door and they provided me generic meds w/out knowing exactly what was wrong with me. Very unprofessional, would NOT recommend. Staff was not helpful either nor did they seem like they care.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

Has been unresponsive to my pharmacist's calls to renew meds for weeks. On call doctor does not return phone messages, and we even stopped by her office 3 times in past 2 weeks, and it was dark. she apparently has moved or closed her practice without sending a letter to patients. am now running out of meds. She was always late, and lately had unknowledgeable med students do her exams while she answered phones!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

I was left waiting for over 2.5 hours on my initial visit. I was scheduled for a physical, but only had 3 minutes with the doctor. Most of my exam was done by a PA who was not very knowledgeable and did not even know the name of one of my medications.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

I waited 2 hours before the doctor saw me and I had an appt. When the doctor came in the room to see me she only spent 5 minutes she rushed thru the appt!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Punctuality is definitely a problem. She often sees walk-ins before people with appointments. One receptionist has often said she made an appointment and then didn't. When I arrive to sign in, they let me wait without checking to see if I have an appointment and assume I am a walk-in. Once I arrived on time, waited 1.5 hours, and was seen last in the day. Dr. Williams rushed through the appointment and saw me for only 3 minutes. Today I waited for an hour. She saw one patient for a half hour. 10 minutes before closing, I asked if Shelley would have enough time to do my annual physical. The receptionist found my appt. wasn't scheduled, and said the other receptionist couldn't have scheduled a physical because they were booked for them for 3 months. I often feel rushed through the appt. It seems to me that people of color get longer sessions. Shelley also pushes drug samples too much.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

She was a decent enough doc, but I went to her 3 times and waited 2 hours the first time, 45 min. the second time--went to leave and she saw pretty quick--the 3rd time, I waited half an hour and she sauntered in 15 minutes after my appt. was supposed to have started. Enough is enough--my time is valuable and I expect that to be respected. If it hadn't been for her lateness, I wouldn't have quit her.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2007

Dr. Shelley L. Williams's Credentials

• Meharry Med Coll Sch Of Med, Nashville Tn 37208 (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Silver Spring, MD