Dr. Daniel Weitz's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Weitz specializes in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and specifically focuses on patients with atrial fibrillation, who he assists with the most innovative ablation techniques. Dr. Weitz is one of the first in the country to implant the new life saving Watchman device, a revolutionary device that aids tremendously in stroke prevention. He assists patients with irregular heart beats, fainting spells, palpitations, skipped-beats, atrial flutter, SVT, WPW-Syndrome, and ventricular tachycardia. Dr. Weitz is also expert in implanting pacemakers, defibrillators and heart failure devices. Dr. Weitz is the Director of the Electrophysiology Laboratory at Holy Cross Hospital. He truly cares about his patients and believes that procedures should be done only when they are necessary in order to avoid unnecessary risk. Dr. Weitz takes pride in the fact that he spends as much time with a patient as he and the patient need during a visit. Holy Cross has state of the art facilities and impeccable staff.
- New York University (Grad. 2011)
- Columbia University New York (Grad. 2007)
- NYU School of Medicine (Grad. 2004)
- Boston University (Grad. 1999)
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Atrial fibrillation
- Heart failure
- Heart arrhythmia
- Heart palpitations
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)
Awards & Recognitions
- Young Investigator Award, American Heart Association
- On-Time Physician Award (2016)
- Top 10 Doctor Florida - Cardiology (2014)
- Top 10 Doctor (Cardiology and Electrophysiology), Florida's Top 10 Cardiologist Specialists - Vitals (2014)
- Patients' Choice Award - Favorite Physicians (2013, 2014, 2016)
- Tournament Semifinalist, American College of Physicians Medical Board Review, New York University School of Medicine (August 2003)
- America's Most Honored Professionals - Top 5% (2016, 2017)
- Compassionate Doctor Award (2013, 2016)
- Consultant of the Quarter, Holy Cross Emergency Medicine (2015)
Publications & Research
- Weitz D, Greet B, Roswell R, Bernstein SA, Berger JS, Holmes DS, Bernstein N, Aizer A, Chinitz L, Keller NM.The benign nature of therapeutic hypothermia-induced long QTc, American Heart Association's Resuscitation Science Symposium 2011 in Orlando, FL.
- Weitz D, Weintraub H, Fisher E, Schwartzbard AZ. Fish oil for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. Cardiology in Review 2010. Sep-Oct; 18(5): 258-63.
- Weitz, D, Bystryn JC.Frequency of shifts with time in the profile of anti-desmoglein antibodies in pemphigus vulgaris. Archives of Dermatology. 2001; 143: 1073.
- Swamy N, Head JF, Weitz D, Ray R.Biochemical and preliminary crystallographic characterization of the vitamin D sterol and actin binding by human vitamin D-binding protein. Archives of Biochemistry & Biophysics 2002; 402: 14-23.
- Swamy N, Weitz D, Coughtron M, Head JF, Ray R. Three-dimensional architecture of the vitamin-D binding protein-G-action complex. Vitamin D Endocrine System. University of California Press, 2000; 121-124.