Ratings for Dr. Laure M. Lauriston

Dr was late to appointment. Staff is poorly trained, does not know how to respond to basic questions. When I called to get my test results I was told I needed to make an appointment to get my test resutlts (and pay an additional copay as a consult). I asked them to fax my results to my general practitioner who would read them to me for free. They took the info but never faxed the results. When I called back to follow up they said they did not fax the results because they had not received them as of yet. Another time I called and the assistant asked me to call back in 20 minutes because her system was down. I forced her to take my info and have the dr call me back.. that was my phone call and it was her duty to take the message.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

-Doesn't adhere to HIPAA policy. Med asst's are not well trained; gave out PHI to person who called+was not auth to obtain info, completely disregarded the privacy policy. When I spoke to Dr. Lauriston about it, she was unapologetic/nonchalant. Kept repeating that the med ass't made mistake because she saw the person in the office weeks PRIOR. When informed I was changing medical providers, again unphased. When explaining there is lack of training in the off in re: privacy, only nodded in agreement. -As this was my 2nd OB, I remembered that the 1st told to give urine specimen at EVERY visit. my 3rd visit I asked med ass't if I should give urine spec, after writing in my CHART, asks me "wait are you pregnant?" then she leaves and comes back to say "no it's ok." 4th visit I ask doctor if she doesn't routinely check urine, response "well not really, it depends but you can do 1 today." when I went to the bathroom I saw sign "IF YOU ARE PRENATAL PLEASE GIVE URINE SAMPLE AT EVERY VISIT."

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012