Ratings for Dr. Jacquelyn E. Dix

I hesitated in going to ANY GYN because I dreaded my visits to her for many of the same reasons others gave. The other threads tell me that one Dr. should not cast a shadow over all GYNs. It is already and uncomfortable thing to submit to--I hope she's better wherever she is now.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

She has retired because of health reasons. I think the truth is that she was just so unprofessional and profit-oriented that she lost all her patients.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

The only reason that I stayed with this office was because of Mrs. Burke. She was the best! When she left, I would have to see Dr. Dix and it usually took 2 hours just to get in the room with her. I do not recommend this office to anyone! Also, does anyone know their current office number? I called the number I have and I get a recording that the office has changed...

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Upon recommendation from a friend, I made and appointment with Dr. Dix, which was not difficult. I was actually surprised at how quickly as "new patient" I was able to see her. I had a 10 am appointment and waited over 1 1/2 hrs. I finally rescheduled after hearing that someone had been waiting since 9:30 am. (My time is just as valuable as hers.) I did find out that her staff was told to double book. So not only were there twice as many people waiting, but she was late that morning. For my re-schedule appointment, the first of the day, I still had to wait over 30 minutes. Then is was a very quick and quiet exam. She spent almost no time with me execpt for the exam. Also, what''s with the 6 month "check-up" for a new prescription for birth control pill that I have been on almost forever. All in all, I don''t particularly care for Dr. Dix and would not recommend her to anyone. I''m currently looking for someone else.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2008

I waited for TWO hours for a blood pressure check (stated I needed that 6 mo after my exam) and would not prescribe my birth control without it. It took 2 mins, Dr. Dix is extremely rude, wrote the wrong type of pill!!! (Luckily I checked before leaving..) Even at that point a simple apology was not offered.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2007

Dr. Dix is an outstanding doctor. She is very knowledgeable and shows great concern for her patients. She takes her time to explain or answer any questions you may have. Very skilled at performing surgery, I've had two, and she was excellent! She does have alot of patients and at times there may be a brief wait, however, her service is well worth the brief wait.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2007

I waited for 2 and a half hours (for a six-month checkup she INSISTS on for no reason) and was then told that she was with a patient and there was no telling when she could see me! Unbelievable! Then, upon calling, she prescribed me a lower dose of a regular prescription, again for no reason. I had to keep calling the answering service (since I was lowly for her to talk to me herself) to explain the problem. Finally, she called the pharmacy and said "the lower dose is the same as a higher dose." Now, even an idiot can tell that that is not true. The pharmacist just laughed and gave me the original prescription. I am not returning there again.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

Dr. Dix was excellent. She responded to my questions and needs through a high risk pregnancy and personal called me herself several times when need be. I can see how people call her aloof and impersonal though. She does come off as such, but she is a nice person once you get to know her. She is an excellent doctor overall and worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

I wouldn't recommend this doctor. The wait was incredibly wrong, and the PA that was there who was so amazing has now left on her own maternity leave! I never had an appointment with Dr. Dix, but I saw her PA Amy, and she was amazing. She was very friendly without being unprofessional, and made the visit comfortable for me despite the unpleasant reason for my appointment.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2007

Do not go to Dr. Dix. You will be waiting over an hour to be seen even if you have an appt. booked weeks in advance. Dr. Dix is a cold person with no sympathy or respect for almost none of her patients. Run the other way if someone recommends her to you. She needs to stop practicing!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2006

Dr. Jacquelyn E. Dix's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1976)

Emblem Health