Ratings for Dr. Pratap R. Tummala

Dr Tummala is an excellent doctor. I have been going to him for several years. He is very polite and concerned with my health. He is very reserved in over medicating which I like. I have been able to really discuss my thoughts with him about my treatments; if I want or don't feel comfortable with doing. He has never been rude with me and always listens to my side. I really appreciate that in a doctor. I have had several Rheumatologists and he is the very best I have been blessed to find. I hope he stays in Sherman for years.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

He prescribed a medication and have samples that helped! But five months later and still no rx called in to pharmacy. He has three signs in his office that say you have to pay me today , one that days no Medicaid and one that says he does not fill out disability forms. This all adds up to " I'm in it for the money ". Run the other way unless u like talking to his phone system. Staff is rude. He is half the time.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Dr. Tummala is very rude and unprofessional. Total waste of money and time. I would rather suffer as I am now than to have endure this narcissistic doctor any longer. Total douche-bag!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr Tummala has been my Rhummy for several years. His focus is to help me feel better. The professionalism of his staff is great. He never gives up on me...

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I had a very bad experience with this doctor and his office. The receptionist is the worse ever. She was very rude and unhelpful. Safe your money and stay away.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

I am disabled with Medicare. My daughter has no insurance so it's cash. I was new to the area. Dr. Tummala's the only Rheumatologist here. The nurse: nice. The secretary: NOT. I brought documentation, x-rays and recent labs from my previous doctor of seven years. He glanced through the paperwork in less than a minute and disregarded it completely. He stated, and I quote, "You cannot possibly have all of that wrong with you." Over the course of two visits, for both my daughter and myself, he was rude and didn't listen when we told him why I could not take a certain drug. When we pointed out that the same information is noted by my previous doctor in my paperwork, he said that it was too old to be relevant; that we should take his advice and the medicine he felt was appropriate. As we had prepaid, we couldn't get a refund. In my daughter's words, "Screw this. Let's just make the drive." The round trip is over three hours to see my previous physician. It's worth every single second of it.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

He was rude,condescending and insinuated that I couldn't possibly have everything my former doc had diagnosed me with. THEN, he called and basically said I had so many things wrong, he wasn't comfortable treating me. I went back to my doctor of many years. ( I moved to this area and looked for a new doc ) This doctor takes your money and then tells you to go to another doctor for any medication you may need (like synthroid and folic acid)as he doesn't prescribe anything other than meds for Arthritis, etc. A very bad experience for someone as crippled and dibilitated as I am.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I have been going to him for several years and I love him and his staff. He always wants to help you to feel better. His staff is great, and he is too!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

VERY Helpful. He talked to me, not at me or down to me.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2009

Wonderful doctor! He is very kind. Which is not something I usually find in doctors.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009