Ratings for Dr. Hillary S. Tompkins

I have been a patient of Dr Tompkins for 3 years. I first scheduled a colonoscopy with her after exhibiting some problems. She attempted to perform the colonoscopy, but was unable to complete due to a blockage. She came to see me afterward and was very compassionate in her explanation of the procedure. She explained the follow-up testing and called me personally with the results of the tests. When I saw her one year later, she came in to see me before the scope. Because I had not seen her in a year, I did not expect her to even remember me. She greeted me with a large smile and a two-handed hand shake. She also spoke of the results we'd found the prior year and what she was expecting this year. Dr Tompkins is very sweet, compassionate and professional. I have since moved an hour from her office, but will continue to see her as my gastro doc.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

She treated like I was her family. Non-judgmental and copassionate.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I first saw Dr. Tompkins back in July 2015 and had a great experience, as well as a followup. I found her to be quite professional, caring and concerned with resolving my problem. She took the time to discuss all my concerns and asked me to check in with my progress after her prescription. I highly recommend and will definitely see her again.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I am extreamely conserned about this doctor. I was in the hospital for three days as I lost ten pounds in two weeks. I couldn't eat and a medicine she prescribed made me loose bowl function. I told her I thought I had worms as I had been seeing them in my stool for two years. She pretty much made it clear she thought I was crazy. I worked with animals for a living in a vet office. So worms were not a far fetched idea especially given the symptoms. I left her practice as they refused testing of any sort. Now it is June the for and the folowing year and the symptoms have grown only worse. I changed PCP and I caught the "sample" that was sucking the life out of me. I have a really bad case of worms. Now, I am on Zofran daily and found her abrasive nature to be almost as unbecoming as her incredible ignorace. It is unclear how much damage has been done to my system.

Submitted June 26, 2015

I have had a very positive experience with Dr Tompkins and her staff. They are prompt, thorough and helpful. I find Dr Tompkins to be reserved, but very professional and interested in my welfare and health. I recommend her

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I am very disappionted in this doctor and her office. It has been an awful experiece. She prescribed a medicine that caused me to need to wear adult diapers at 32 years old. When I saw her in the hospital her bedside manor was abrasive and I asked to see another provider from this office. They didn't pay attention to my medical history at all. It was pretty much ignored. I have boughts of vommiting and weight loss. The practitioner I saw as a follow up didn't even bother examining me as she was under Dr Tompkin's advice. They ignore your discomfort when you need follow ups they push them out by many weeks. They wasted too much of my time with very little result. Avoid.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

She gave me an extremely painful colonoscopy removing 8 polyps because she didn't want to deal with my medication list. I heard her tell the nurses this because I remember everything said which I wouldn't have if I was given the proper dose. In the past I was given the appropriate amount of sedation for the medications I take, this was explained to me by my doctor. I had gone to a doctor who took this into consideration and spoke with me before and after the procedure.

Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr Tompkins took a lot of time to listen to me and come up with a thoughful and helpful plan. I felt extremely well cared for. Never rushed. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I never write reviews but have to say I concur with the report on lack of homework prior to entering a new case. I went in for two procedures endoscopy and colonoscopy. It is my belief that my file was looked at relative to a past colonoscopy and my anesthesia need was pulled from that information. However it didn't seem as though anyone thought about the fact that this was two procedures requiring more anesthesia and when I woke up in the middle of it I was not happy!!!! I was told that happens a lot by the staff which did not comfort me. Besides that she comes across as overly affected by herself and not patient focused. I had this confirmed when I witnessed the same approach with my son's care, after his colonoscopy and report from her before discharge, actually irritated with questions, concerns and diagnosis etc.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Experience was negative. Dr. Thompkins appeared irritated,uninterested and uncompassionate. Took down information on history and current raging pain with absolutely no reaction or eye contact. Had not looked at core notes ahead,was irritated that I had been at another gastro office,became angry when she thought I might not be intending to be new patient(although had a referral from my PC),changed demeaner when realized I had referral as new patient. Nerver have experienced such a cold,robot,condescending reception from any doctor ever! Dr thompkins appears to be uninterested in investing in helping patient in crisis of pain...made appointment for 2-3weeks later,gave couple of ideas that I might try....nutritional appointment weeks later.....not a natural at being doctor,textbook trained ,not curious or invested in difficult solutions. Compassion,curiosity,intellectual interest in solutions....D minus...

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Hillary S. Tompkins's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Top Hospitals in Exeter, NH