Ratings for Dr. Matthew J. Mcgehee

Dr. McGhee really cares. That said, he will spend ALOT of time to get you started then turn you over to medical assistants that have been educated that people on pain management medication are ALL ADDICTS. I agree that he does his best to be cutting edge but it would behoove him to educate his staff on pain management. All the good will he spreads is wasted by his contemptuous staff.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Asks female patients to take their clothes off in front of hi and tells them he won't give them a gown

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

This has in my fourteen years having to be on pain medicine the worst experience with a doctor ever. He only cares about your pocket book and if you do not take him up in his expensive injectibles and many other things.. He writes you off and that is it. Also, he doesn't care about your time. I had the first appointment of the morning and I still wasn't seen until 910.. One hour and 10 min later.. Of course I was mad. He never apologized and it happens every time mules you are a new patient. After that.. Be prepared to be treated poorly. He doesn't listen and only pushes his expensive agenda. I had to go to my primary dr a few times because he flat out didn't have time in his schedule. I have never had such a poor experience and his staff is less than friendly besides a few people that I'm sure will jump ship as soon as they can.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

The staff at West Linn Pain and Spine aren't necessarily rude, but they're not exactly welcoming either. In response to another review on here, I don't believe Dr. Mcgehee is money hungry, I just think he tries to be "cutting edge" as he once said to me when I was being prescribed a medicine I hadn't heard of before. These new medicines are more expensive, but with good health insurance it's not a problem for me. He is attentive during appointments but it does seem to take a while to get that attention if you have a problem at home and try calling him at the office. After calling for 5 days in a row with no luck of reaching him, his M.A FINALLY called me back but gave me the wrong advice on how to handle my medication which was causing me terrible side effects. This, in turn, made it 10x worse. But, the doctor cleared it up and I forgave the situation. That said, I think it would be wise to hire some new M.A's if this problem persists. 3/5 stars because I really respect Dr. Mcgehee

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

I was a patient in his care for several years. Over the course of this time, he started with another practice that he's apparently an owner of. Since moving from PRI, he's become very $$$$ ambitious - expensive procedures, really expensive pee tests if you're on opiates (out of network @ $365/per test). He got progressively less attentive to things that were problematic. Often times, even first thing in the morning, it would be 40-60 minutes before he would end up seeing me. I had one phone call from him at home one evening, when he suggested that I try out an E-Stim implant, which ended up costing about $7,500 (not all paid by me, but I also ended up paying more than they quoted anyway).This left me unable to walk at all. The last straw was when one of his PAs, someone I had never even met or talked with before, suggested to me that I "had been abusing my meds". I've had six low back surgeries over the last 30 years... My suggestion: choose an alternative!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Dr. Matthew J. Mcgehee's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 2003)