Ratings for Dr. Eric S. Shay

I transferrred to Dr. Shay after being with another medical group in Kalamazoo for 40 years. I am astounded at the personal care I have received by Dr Shay and the entire staff. I have never had a Doctor who actually listen to my concerns and spent so much time with me. His compassion and knowledge far exceeded my expectations. When I call the office I speak directly to his Nurse and I have never spoken to a Doctor or Nurse so often. For 40 years I have been going to a large medical office in Kalamazoo, only twice a year was I able to see my Doctor and those appointments were made months in advance. Everytime I called he was not available and I was left dealing with someone who doesn't know me. I can only say great things about Dr. Shay and the entire staff. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Shay for about 15 years. He has been consistently helpful and thorough. He always listens carefully, asks appropriate questions and then provides a course of action. In all of the years I've gone to him he's taken the time to listen and I've never felt rushed or put off. He makes sure that I understand the course of treatment and reminds me that I can call if I have any further questions. Many times I have gotten a call from him or his nurse in the evening, long after "normal" hours to provide me with a lab result. In my experience, he and his nurses go beyond what I would expect from a Dr. ~ I recommend him to anyone who asks.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Apathetic, rude, seems annoyed and bothered by patients. Horrible bedside manner. Overlooks many symptons and concerns.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Always attentive and personable. Listens well and responds with exceptional clarity.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

I have seen him both as a fellow hospital employee and a patient. He is cold, shallow, and cares nothing for reason.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

Talks over you. Makes his mind up, without regard to patient's concerns. Can be nasty, and displays a temper. Best avoided.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

He explained situation. The solution. And walked thru the steps to be taken. Very informative, helpful and sympathic.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

He was always able to work me in when I needed to be seen. He called me after hours (Saturday) with lab results and is a caring concerned professional.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Very by-the-book. Cold manner, don't expect much sympathy. Very hesitant to order imaging. Previous reviewer is correct, he does have a temper and can be downright mean at times. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2007

Will not talk to patient via phone - "too busy, must come in to office"

flag | Submitted May 10, 2006

Dr. Eric S. Shay's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal