Ratings for Dr. Alex (Rudolfo) Morales

Prescribes psychiatric medications without knowing how it will affect patient. NEVER responds to call, messages or texts - even when it is very urgent. Very unprofessional. Do not go to this Dr. or you will be worse off than before. Lots more negative this about this farce of a Psychiatrist, but he has taken enough of my time.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Morales saved my life. He has always shown -COMPLETE- regard and empathy towards me.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

I saw Dr. Morales after my other Dr. retired, and at first he seemed helpful and to care about me as a patient. But after I lost my job and insurance and tried to get his help, it was a different story! When he finally called me back, he seemed unconcerned about helping me be able to continue taking my antidepressants, he would only write me a 90-day prescription (the minimum Pfizer's assistance program accepts - the program is geared toward a year's supply and I had previously been prescribed with a year's worth of refills), and he really made me feel like dirt (I cried after the call). I'm grateful he was willing to help at all, but I honestly expected more sympathy from a psychiatrist, and especially from a professional who knows how dangerous it can be to suddenly stop taking antidepressants.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

Knowledgeable about meds and their affects but he's sometimes hard to get a hold of.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

He is the only psychiatrist I have seen so far. He seems knowledgable, and effective. He does not have smile all the time, but does his job well. The medicine he prescribed works very well on me.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2010

I consulted Dr. Morales because I suffered from insomnia. For 8 years he told me Risperdahl would make me sleepy; and if I didn't take it, I would have a nervous breakdown. Four months ago I had a stroke. Dr. Morales told me to stop taking Risperdahl. When I stopped taking Risperdahl, I discovered that Risperdahl had been making it difficult for me to sleep. Dr. Morales told me he thought Risperdahl caused me to have a stroke. He said two of his other patients also had strokes. If he really thought this, why did he prescribe Risperdahl for me? It has been four months since I quit taking Risperdahl. I feel fine. I have not had a nervous breakdown. I'm able to sleep at night.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr. Morales has a bit of a weird manner, and tends to seem a little distant. That said, he listens to you, and your evaluation of what's going on. He responds to both what he perceives and what you're telling him. I feel that my input is valuable and that he's not just throwing drugs at me. I come out of his appointments feeling like something's either working, or going to work.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Very educated on medication and there side affects, treats patient with dignity and respect. Understands and works with symptoms and side affect, takes the time to explain. NO STAFF SERVICE, you must leave a message on his voicemail and he will get back to you.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr Morales seems like a good doctor at first, cold maybe but asks lots of questions and explains himself. The first three months were good, he adjusted my meds acordingly. Then my anxiety was acting up in work situations and I let him know at an apointment we had. Then he said "oh call me in a week". So I do and he doesn't call me back. Then I call him later that week because it got so bad I kept almost having a panic attack. And then I did, driving on the 17 from santa cruz and HE ACTUALLY ANSWERED HIS CELL PHONE. he made me go home and adjusted one of my meds but didn't make a follow up appointment. In fact, he continued this hard to reach thing and wouldn't set up an appointment till one day I need refills and he calls me and makes me go in. He is just totally unresponsive. He neglects his patients. Do not go see him unless you only want to see him once for the initial 300 dollar apointment.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Dr. Morales is the best psychiatrist I have ever been to, he does ask questions, very interested in the overall picture of the patient. I have been to several of these and he is the best so far. He is kind, very polite & I feel like he is interested in what he is doing, that is making me feel better. I have a lot of medical problems, and he talks about all of them, interested in the overall picture of a patient, I rate him a 100%..

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007