Ratings for Dr. Alfred Theis

When I visit a professional and my experience is positive, I like to leave feedback. Being a Cardiologist in Sebastian I realize we usually hear the complaints and very seldom the accolades. I went to Dr. Theis on a recommendation of one of my colleagues. He has been practicing for over 30 years and is very competent and professional. He has a reputation for being the best in the area if you need a crown or bridge. Indeed he is. I noticed the comment from a patient about a problem with insurance. We handle insurance in our office also, as most doctors do, we also prefer that if someone has to wait for reimbursement from an insurance company it be the owner of the policy, not our office. The office surely did not smell like a sewer, the office is too busy to have such a problem, but, I must admit that it does smell like a dental office. Over all,,,, my experience with Doc and his staff was quite pleasant. Dr. Croft

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

They don,t follow insurance policy procedures, THEY CHARGE THE PATIENT IN FULL AND THE PATIENT HAS TO SUBMIT THE CLAIM FOR PAYMENT WAS TOLD REGARDLESS OF THE PATIENT HAVING INSURANCE THATS HOW THEY OPERATE FUTHER MORE WHEN YOU WALK IN THE OFFICE SMELLS LIKE A SEWER

Submitted December 21, 2015

I have been neglectful with my mouth and had several broken teeth. I saw 2 dentists in Sebastian and was told I needed 4 crowns, I went to the second dentist because the first was so expensive, it was even worse. As fate would have it, I went to Bay Street Pharmacy and when getting out of my car I walked by and decided to walk into Dr. Theis' office to see what it looked like. The waiting room was full of people chatting away. I met Leslie and after talking with her I was taken back and Dr. Theis checked my broken teeth on the computer. What a wonderful man. Leslie gave me a quote on the 3 not 4 crowns and I save many hundreds of dollars. Then I continued my journey to the pharmacy. Thank you.. Shirley Thompson, Sebastian..

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

What a wonderful doctor and staff! Very personable and professional. Thank you, Tom and Bessie Krieger, Portland Maine.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

I am a snowbird and broke a tooth, I knew it needed a crown. Dr. Theis's staff is absolutely great , the injection and procedure were amazing, so was the price.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I needed a crown and called the offices in town. Most quotes were over $1,000. Dr. Theis's office worked with me and I saved MANY hundreds of dollar. Office staff was unbelieveable and I never had a less painful shot.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

I was searching for a referral site and came across ratemds.com. I contacted one of the higher rated offices and never got past the front desk. They were so rude. I then called and made an appointment with my second choice, Dr. Theis, what a blessing!. Every girl in that office was bubbly, pleasant and competent. I found out that they all were with Dr. Theis for 10 to 20 years. That says a lot for the office and it is all true. The staff is amazing and Dr. Theis’ “bed side manner” and technical abilities are verry good. I have never had a less painful injection and absolutely no discomfort during my crown procedures. While in the waiting room I got to chat with some older people and patients of the office and I can now consider myself one of them. Of course I was first and my will soon follow.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

I had a tooth break and was distressed. I called a bunch of offices in Sebastian, no replies except from Dr. Theis, personally. It is Saturday! I found this web site in the waiting room. Leaving an opinion on it was encouraged. The Doctor repaired my tooth, the fee was VERY reasonable. My present Dentist is rated very high on this site, she just lost a few patients.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

We signed up with a dental plan for no reason. The office manager, whom the dentist lets run the show, did not follow the pay chart I was given. Dentalplans.com was given 30 days to rectify the overcharge. The office manager refused to adhere to the proper charges. Did DentalPlans fine the office? No!! What a waste of money for a dental plan that had NO MEANING!! Think twice about signing up for a dental plan with Dental Plans website and think twice about going to a dentist that lets his staff make up their own prices!! Dental Plans response to this overcharge...."sorry, maybe you better find another dentist"!! Be careful!!

Submitted August 21, 2014