Ratings for Dr. John Teteris

Had a baby under his care 14 years ago. He waltzed into the birth so late that the resident doctor was suited up and ready to catch my baby. He had been extremely dismissive of my requests in my birth plan, but thank goodness did not cut me!! Apparently he is known amongst other OBGYN's for the amount of episiotomies he does. He "congratulated" me after the birth since I had done it without pain meds, saying "you got what you wanted, most women wouldn't have made it". At the time I felt great that I had done it. But upon further reflection, I realized it was a very patronizing thing for him to say. Maybe if he showed up earlier and supported the women who were giving birth under his care, more would be successful in birthing the way they wanted, not just what he wanted. I would not recommend this doctor or practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I have always had very good experience with Dr. Teteris. His father delivered my second child, and although I have not had any more children, Dr. Teteris has always been kind, answered any of my questions, even stupid ones. I would recommend him, I feel he is knowledgeable, and caring. I am sorry others have not had a good experience. I would not change Doctors at point in my life.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr Teteris is arrogant and disrespectful and is not up to date on endometriosis treatments. He refused to do conservative surgery on me, insisting that only surgically removing my uterus and ovaries (I hear he does A LOT of hysterectomies) or putting me on menopause-inducing drugs would be helpful. I got a second opinion and had surgery to remove the endo implants and adhesions as well as two ovarian cysts that he had refused to remove. I did great from then until natural menopause. He refused to listen to the research I had done on legitimate medical websites and even said I was too ignorant to understand the medline articles I had read. He was a complete jerk, unflinchingly arrogant and had no compassion or respect for me as a woman or a patient. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr. Teteriswas great been seeing him for years. Took great care of me during my pregnancy and at the end gabe me all the information and left it up to me to decide whether I wanted a c section or wait another week to see if the baby would come on hai own. I appreciate thAt the decision was mine to make not his and he provided me with lots of info to make the best decision I could make. I am happy with my decision and the care I received and would always recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

If you are a high risk patient this is not the doctor for you. He professes to be knowledgeable and that a high risk doctor is not needed. He is arrogant and sees you at his convenience.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Had a good experience with him until discussing my birthplan. If you have a different opinion (i.e., prefer not to have an epidural), he is condescending and rude ("most women can't take it and end up having one anyways"). He does not respect an informed consumer and is very old-school where he does not consider care to be a collaborative discussion between patient and physician. Gets defensive when you ask questions. I didn't have a particularly emotional pregnancy, but cried after one of my visits because he made me feel so disrespected. Will be switching providers for my second child. Btw, I was able to tolerate natural childbirth without too much difficulty, so if this is what you want, don't doubt yourself.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Dr Teteris was my ob for years. He diagnosed me with endometriosis and I had surgery without any problems. When my husband and I decided to start a family I went to him for all my prenatal care. I feel he never listened to my concerns during my pregnancy. When I delivered my son he came in at the last minute told me I was faking with all the pushing I has been doing ( even though my son was in the birth canal). He told we are doing if his way ( which was using the awful suction device to deliver my son) and it was a horrible experience. His bedside manner was not professional at all and the nurse even apologized to me for the way he was acting bc she felt so bad for me. I was in labor for 12 hours, exhausted and he was nasty the entire time he was in the room. I will never recommend him as a dr and I will never go back to him as a patient.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

I was to deliver my last child with him. He was wonderful through the pregnancy. When it came time to deliver he pushed me to have pitocin, I argued but he made me feel like an idiot. This did not allow my full course of antibiotics (Group B strep) and he did not make it to the delivery. I did not go to my post delivery appointment, and of course my insurance paid him for delivery and post delivery care. Must be nice to alienate a mom giving birth and then get paid for services not even done.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Condescending and unknowlegable. Not supportive of natural childbirth. Not knowledgable about breastfeeding. Would definitely not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Dr. John Teteris's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)