Ratings for Dr. Cecil Segal

WARNING - do not under ANY circumstances let "Dr." Cecil Segal attempt a mole removal or biopsy, or any procedure on your face (or anywhere you don't want hacked apart). He left me badly scarred and a bloody mess sawing away with a giant razor blade at a tiny pen point sized mole. He lacerated an area 20 to 30 times the size of the mole he was meant to remove and send for biopsy before giving up and saying if he keeps at it there'll be a risk of scarring. Well, job done Cecil, you scarred me and you may as well have used a rusty butter knife. I literally could have done a better job myself with tweezers and a pointed scalpel. His staff and punctuality actually don't deserve 1 out of 5, they're not great but typical for a doctor, but he deserves less than 0 out of 5 for what I can only describe as a truly disappointing and unbelievable attempt to remove a mole. He needs to retire.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Segal himself is not a very thorough doctor. I brought my skin products in just in case and he didn't even peek in to see what could be wrong. He barely looked at my skin and, or even touched it for that matter, and he just gave me antibiotics for a month and told me to come back if it gets worst. He didn't take the time to tell me what the possibilities were or help me understand what it is. It basically felt like he didn't know what to tell me so he just gave me drugs and hopefully it'll take care of the problem. The receptionist is TERRIBLE. She was very rude and unprofessional. She seemed like she hated working there and she seemed very impatient. I did not have a pleasant experience with her when I called back after a month to make another appointment. The worst part is that Dr. Segal works 3 days a week. I don't know if those are normal dermatologist hours but that's just ridiculous. After all of that, I decided to see another dermatologist. Patients should never feel this way when they're already stressed over medical reasons, and to receive limited information is just ridiculous. I would suggest you tell your GP to not refer you to this dermatologist. If you're the type to get in and get out, don't need a lot of information, and always in a hurry then sure, go to him. But if you want someone who would give more information and help educate you on your skin conditions then stay away from him. He was a major waste of time. The office "team", which only consists of the cranky receptionist and the dermie, made it even more of a reason to stay away from this office.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I came to him and was diagnosed with malignant melanoma. He told me that my biopsy had "begun to change"'over the phone, then made me wait another 2 months to have an appointment to figure out what that meant. Luckily my GP got ahold of my biopsy results and was able to tell me what was going on and get me in to see him sooner. I came to my second appointment prepared with a list of questions so I didn't waste his time, and he refused to answer half of them.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Very helpful, knowledgable and kind to my son. Gave us lots of time, did not feel rushed.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr. Segal is great, very knowledgeable and cured my skin condition right away. The only problem is the secretary - she is extremely rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

What are you people even talking about? He doesn't have a very good bedside manner but who cares? It's your family's job to morally support you. I went to him with a rather serious and complicated issue. He was friendly, smart, and knowledgable. He asked all the right questions and took initiative to solve the problem. His assistant was very accommodating as well. If you have been referred to him, ignore the reviews here. Take notes about all the things that you want to tell him about and the questions you want to ask. I'm sure you are in good hands.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Provided very limited information and not helpful at all about my skin condition. Left home wondering and not understanding what's going on, what to expect or what to do.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I couldn't believe that this doctor was the best that my GP could refer me to. I waited months, and had to be referred twice. Then, no one was at the office during lunch so a whole pack of us were waiting in the hall, wondering if we were at the right place. Turned out Dr. S was in the office the whole time, just not answering the door. His manner was abrupt, but I don't care about that. What I care about is that once the diagnosis was made, he offered no treatment nor information, but said he'd mailed the information to my GP and that she would order more tests to check for systemic disease. No hurry I guess. The whole process has taken six months.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

He was the best specialist I saw with a skin problem. Furthermore he had reviewed my records and gave me the answer to a separate problem that my GP had erred on.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

No bedside manner at all! Everyone's comments on this site are correct. Didn't ask me anything, nor give me time to explain. Just prescribed a cream that didn't work. When I called back for 2nd appt the receptionist was curt, rude. I guess they work well together!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009