Ratings for Dr. Neal S. Gaither

Sexual misconduct! I was very embarrassed the last time I saw Dr Neal Gaither. I went in for a general follow up to discuss monitoring my care, and his nurse told me to strip from the waist up and told me to put on this on, as she handed me a little rectangle of paper with a hole at the neck. I asked her why I needed to strip, I wasn't there for an exam, it's was just a general well follow-up to discuss a plan of action. She said it was just standard incase Dr Gaither wanted to listen to my heart! Needless to say, I didn't strip. This method of reducing a women to sitting with her breasts exposed while a male Dr asks general questions and discuss future care is demeaning and demoralizing, and very uncomfortable. When Dr Gaither walked in and saw I didn't strip he was very perturbed with me, very abrupt and told me he didn't see a need for me to come back! I have atrifubulation, a issue with one of my heart valves, CHF and pulmonary hypertension "and he's feeling that I don't need to be monitored"!!!!!! Just because I didn't want to have a conversion while half naked! Appalling behavior! To be clear, I wasn't there for a check up, just a general follow up to discuss future care and monitoring! His nurse isn't innocent either, she knows how he's abusing his place as a cardiologist and partakes in it by not saying anything!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Neal S. Gaither's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Winchester, VA