Ratings for Lee G. Hockman

Avoid this ‘mental health professional’ at all costs. Hockman’s assessments made while writing PRE’s are routinely disputed by more qualified therapists. Why jeopardize the health of you or your family by dealing with a marginally qualified individual with a questionable background. There are many other qualified therapists in the Denver are who don’t have a questionable history as Hickman seems to have.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2019

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

flag | Submitted February 11, 2019

Weasel! The first word that comes to mind upon meeting with Lee Hockman is Weasel. His looks, mannerisms and actions agree with the label. Until recently, Hockman’s was listed as an employee of Katz & Loizeaux, where he performed parental review evaluations. Hockman is no longer listed on their web page. Katz & Loizeaux is known as one of the most corrupt entities performing custodial evaluations in Colorado. The collection of ‘mental health professionals’ employed by Katz & Loizeaux are bought and paid for by the highest bidder. Many families have reported extortion attempts by therapists at K&L or that the firm has a pre-disposition for working in favor of law firms who throw them cases on a regular basis. This practice has been the subject of many formal complaints by way of DORA and law enforcement agencies.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

I've had a very positive experience working with Dr. Hockman. After four sessions with him, I feel like I'm making real progress. I feel that the sessions have followed a logical progression and I'm impressed by Dr. Hockman's detailed recollection of topics we've discussed previously. He allows you talk, listens, thinks about what you've said and then asks pertinent questions to further the conversation and gain insight. It's a steady approach, which I feel is producing real results.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Hockman performed a PRE several years ago and really did an amazing job. In a short time he was able to analyze correctly the dynamics of what was happening in the family. He was very fair and is extremely sharp. He wrote a PRE report that was precise and gave his expert recommendations on what needed to be done. If I had only listened to his advice and recommendations my situation would not have gotten so bad. He knew what needed to be done and his advice should be followed. I think his ability to see through someone who is such an expert at lying and scamming was remarkable. I would trust him with my Family anytime and know that his experience and knowledge are great qualities.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Lee is excellent. I feel that the negative review(s) may be from a competitor or a disgruntled lunatic because I've seen Lee for over two years and he's a wonderful, compassionate, bright, engaging and supportive therapist who gets it. I can't say enough positive things about Lee. Now and then he'll say the not just right perfect thing but that's being human and he's very receptive to any / all feedback and really does listen, remember, and truly care. And he gives very good feedback. What more could you want from a therapist!!???

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Adams County assigned Dr. Hockman to conduct a PRE report a little over a year ago. I was hesitant with the choice Adams County had made after my initial meeting with Dr. Hockman. My ex-wife had characterized me as a bad father and had filed malicious reports regarding my character and actions. The court just assumed she was telling the truth and I in return assumed Dr. Hockman was going to do the same thing. Dr. Hockman conducted an extremely thorough report that spanned over 6 months. We had countless interviews and home visits. Dr. Hockman asked the tough questions and took a lot of time in making his decision. In the end, I am indebted to Dr. Hockman and the quality work he performed. He discovered that my ex-wife was manipulative and deceitful. He was able to provide a report that allowed me to get my children full time. My children are now doing amazing in school, they are happy, and we are all doing well. Thank you Dr. Hockman!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

As a family law attorney who has been involved in PRE's conducted by Dr. Hockman (and none of my clients have ever come away from these unscathed) I found him to be smart, able to see through biased, self-serving parental BS, biased in favor of what is best for the children, and not afraid to call 'em like he see's 'em. If he was truly as biased and horrible as some of these reviews make him out to be his license would have been revoked long ago. But it hasn't. And rather than spending time littering the internet with untruths and "hate speech" perhaps some of the parents who have written such nasty and obviously biased reviews need to look a little harder in the mirror, realize the work they have to do to become better parents to their children and actually do it. If you were such a good parent (1) a PRE likely would not have been necessary in the first place, and (2) you would have been recognized for the truly good parent - who has the best interests of their children always at the forefront - you think you are.

Submitted January 21, 2015

I can only speak to Lee's individual counseling skills. Lee is very good at identifying the key issues and in facilitating self awareness and growth. He has been appropriately responsive and reaffirming and also compassionate when warranted. He encouraged my growth and insight without making me feel judged. His analytical skills are superior. It did take me time to adjust to his style and I am glad that I made the effort to get used to it. Bottom line-He accurately identified the issues behind my depression, which I had successfully hid from other therapists and myself-and got me to address issues that I had no interest in acknowledging.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I am in the process of working with Dr Hockman, and he is absolutely wonderful. He asks the right questions; is gentle, yet firm. He holds me accountable to work on the areas that I want to, and continuously challenges me.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013