Ratings for Dr. Slim Bouchoucha

I was referred to Dr. Bouchoucha for my wisdom teeth. This is a great office and the entire staff was nice and courteous and really made me feel at ease. I was very nervous but as soon as I met Dr. Bouchoucha I knew that I was in the right hands. He was very kind and professional,and took his time explaining everything to me. The surgery under general anesthesia went extremely well and I appreciated the phone call after hours to check in on me. He really does care about his patients. I would definitely recommend Dr. Bouchoucha to anyone who is looking for a highly qualified and compassionate Oral Surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

My son had his wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Bouchoucha. It was an excellent experience with no complications. Much easier then we anticipated. We found Dr Bouchoucha to be very professional , knowledgeable , and kind. The staff was very knowledgeable as well. I highly recommend Dr Bouchoucha and his staff.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

This was a referral for my daughter. We waited One and a half hours to be seen, we should have left then it just got worse. They took a x-ray that was covered by our insurance, and then just to make an extra buck, the Dr. wants the full monty $265.00 x-ray that was NOT covered by our insurance. The office staff came in the room 3 times to make sure I had the $$$ to pay for this. Like we didn't have the money!!!!!! I was left in the room with the Dr. He was talking about my daughters teeth, saying the nerves were wrapped around the roots of the tooth. Well after watching this video the staff made me and my daughter watch, we knew that there could be a chance she would lose feeling in her face. So I had a horrible feeling about this WHOLE office. I knew right away I needed a second opinion. My daughter had just 4 days earlier had 4 fillings done, I told the staff her mouth was sore. The Dr. Bou makes her open her mouth and starts poking in the exact area were the most sensitive spot was and sends her through the roof. Do they READ the charts. NO!!!!!! My daughter starts asking the Dr. about options, like removing the crown and leave in the roots. So not to interupt the nerve area, she figured that out from the stupid video we had to watch. The Dr. said well... it is possible to do that. Why didn't he suggest that!!!!!! We were the last patients for the day and clearly they were rushing through the whole consultation. We were asked to sit and pay for the visit, again the staff said the x-rays the Dr. asked for were NOT covered by insurance. By this time the office was pitch black and everyone else went home. I told the staff member, that was the worst experience of our lives. The staff member said, I will talk to the technician, I told her IT WAS THE DOCTOR you need to speak with. Then I asked for my daughters x-rays I just paid for, she wouldn't give them to me. I paid the bill CASH, the staff member couldn't even make the change, she asked me what the change was. REALLY!!!!!!! I said we WON"T be back. It is the next day, not one phone call of apology or anything. I phoned my daughters primary dentist, and asked that office to call them and GET my x-rays. They told her, the person that does the CDs wasn't in today. Please NEVER take your child or yourself to this office. Rate this Doctor negative 10 stars

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I was very happy with my experience. The Staff was very friendly and professional. The Dr.was extremely nice and very knowledgeable and took his time with me. Great experience. I HIGHLY recommend this doctor!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

Waited for nearly an hour, never was even seen. Not impressed. I won't pay for ineptitude. This is a direct reflection of how a business is run! I was told to be there punctually, but the doctor didn't think it was important enough to be on time.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Staff and Doctor were exceptionally helpful. I was told on the phone what to expect in terms of costs of the initial exam and consultation. There were no surprises. The staff and doctor were on time. The consult fee was $110.00, not $160.00 as stated by a previous reviewer. We chose Dr. Bouchoucha because he is the ONLY Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Sonora, and there are no others in the region. While there are other dentists in Sonora who may extract wisdom teeth, our dentist referred us to Dr. Bouchoucha because he is the only Oral Surgeon, and he's board certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He's also the only dentist in the region qualified to perform outpatient general anesthesia in the office. We are very satisfied with the entire process - pre-surgical, surgical, and post-surgical followup.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I would not recommend this office for those who are budget minded. We were referred for a wisdom tooth extraction by our DDS for our 15 year old son. We WERE NOT told about the consultation fee when we scheduled the appointment, nor were we instructed to bring our x-rays from our DDS. (Extra charge for those!) Things to ask when scheduling an appointment at this office are #1 is there a consultation fee ($160!), #2 are you CONTRACTED with our insurance (no),#3 do you accept payments (no), #4 is there anyone else in the area who performs this procedure (no). We were told there is no other oral surgeon in the area or anyone who would be able to perform the procedure from here to Modesto. That clearly is not true. Unfortunately we will not be returning to this office. We were to be charged approximately $2,000.00 for the procedure AFTER insurance. For wisdom teeth! The office across the way will be approximately $500 after insurance. Sadly we won't be going back.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

Great Doctor and great staff. Knowledgeable and caring. Dr. follows up after hours to make sure you are doing well in addition to great care in the office.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

A great surgeon, made pulling four wisdom teeth a much better experience than what I expected. Highly suggested.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Great doctor, great office. He really cares about his patients!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Dr. Slim Bouchoucha's Credentials

Delta Dental

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Bouchoucha for my wisdom teeth. This is a great office and the entire staff was nice and courteous and really made me feel at ease. I wa..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My son had his wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Bouchoucha. It was an excellent experience with no complications. Much easier then we anticipated. We found Dr Bouch..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This was a referral for my daughter. We waited One and a half hours to be seen, we should have left then it just got worse. They took a x-ray that was covere..."

September 10, 2015